'Biggest Loser' Admits Teenagers and Welcomes Jillian Michaels Back
"The Biggest Loser" welcomes back Jillian Michaels as trainer in the 14th season. The weight-loss show will return in January with teen participants as young as 13 and 17, supporting the national effort to battle childhood obesity.
"It's brave, it's bold and I'm sure it's going to be controversial, and we'll do the best we can to handle it in the most positive and effective way possible," Michaels said about the season. The focus will be on the kids' health instead of dress size. "It's about getting them on the softball team, not into a size four," the fitness expert added.
The teenagers will not be subject to elimination like the adults, therefore there will be no weigh in for them. The adults remain competing for $250,000. The 18 contestants will be divided into three teams with each of them having at least one youngster. Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince will join Michaels as trainers.
NBC has not announced the specific premiere date.
More The Biggest Loser News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'