Katie Couric Lines Up Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez, Demi Lovato as Guests on New Show
Katie Couric has unveiled the list of celebrities who will stop by her new talk show "Katie", with Jessica Simpson set to be her first guest. The singer/fashion designer will talk about her life after having her first baby in May, including the challenges she faces to lose the weight she gained during pregnancy and how to juggle motherhood with running her business.
Also on the premiere episode which will air Monday, September 10, Couric will welcome Sheryl Crow. The nine-time Grammy-winning artist, who wrote the theme song of the new syndicated talk show, will open up for the first time about her recently-diagnosed brain tumor.
The next day on September 11, 24-year-old Aimee Copeland who lost parts of all her limbs to a rare flesh-eating bacteria this summer will walk onto Couric's stage. The Georgia graduate student will share her story of survival.
Former "American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez will appear at a later date to discuss her life after the reality show and post-divorce. "The X Factor (US)" judge Demi Lovato, meanwhile, will talk about her fight with anorexia and bulimia.
Barbra Streisand, Heidi Klum, Susan Sarandon, Chelsea Handler, Sofia Vergara, Wendy Williams and "50 Shades of Grey" author E L James are among other famous figures scheduled to have a sit-down with Couric on yet-unannounced dates.
Additionally, the former "Today" co-host will interview Sharon and Lexie Love, whose daughter and sister Yeardley was murdered two years ago by her ex-boyfriend at the University of Virginia, research professor and motivational speaker Brene Brown, as well as Amanda Knox's boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito.
After leaving her post on "Today" in 2006, Couric joined "CBS Evening News" as an anchor and managing editor. Speaking about her decision to leave CBS, she recently revealed, "I had an ultimate sense of satisfaction. But I was not ambivalent about feeling this wasn't the place for me for the rest of my career. It wasn't the right environment for me. In terms of the atmosphere, it wasn't a good fit for my sensibilities and personality."
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?