Katy Perry Allegedly Rejects $20 Million Offer From 'American Idol'
Katy Perry can now be removed from the list of potential "American Idol" judges. The "Wide Awake" songstress is said to have turned down a $20 million offer from the show's producers to take the much-talked-about gig.
"She was being hotly pursued. They really wanted her," a source tells Us Weekly. Nonetheless, the California-born singer has reportedly rejected the offer, which could give her $2 million more than Mariah Carey allegedly earns with her own one-year contract.
Another artist, Miley Cyrus, is allegedly also no longer in the run of becoming a judge on the veteran singing competition. Per E! Online's report, the former Disney star was indeed approached to fill one of the empty seats on the judges table, but the talks "never went far" and the singer/actress "never seriously considered it."
So far, only Carey who has been confirmed to join the 12th cycle of "Idol" as a judge. Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban were recently said to be close to seal their deals, but FOX hasn't made the official announcement just yet.
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo