Katy Perry Allegedly Rejects $20 Million Offer From 'American Idol'
Katy Perry can now be removed from the list of potential "American Idol" judges. The "Wide Awake" songstress is said to have turned down a $20 million offer from the show's producers to take the much-talked-about gig.
"She was being hotly pursued. They really wanted her," a source tells Us Weekly. Nonetheless, the California-born singer has reportedly rejected the offer, which could give her $2 million more than Mariah Carey allegedly earns with her own one-year contract.
Another artist, Miley Cyrus, is allegedly also no longer in the run of becoming a judge on the veteran singing competition. Per E! Online's report, the former Disney star was indeed approached to fill one of the empty seats on the judges table, but the talks "never went far" and the singer/actress "never seriously considered it."
So far, only Carey who has been confirmed to join the 12th cycle of "Idol" as a judge. Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban were recently said to be close to seal their deals, but FOX hasn't made the official announcement just yet.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard