Katy Perry Allegedly Rejects $20 Million Offer From 'American Idol'
Katy Perry can now be removed from the list of potential "American Idol" judges. The "Wide Awake" songstress is said to have turned down a $20 million offer from the show's producers to take the much-talked-about gig.
"She was being hotly pursued. They really wanted her," a source tells Us Weekly. Nonetheless, the California-born singer has reportedly rejected the offer, which could give her $2 million more than Mariah Carey allegedly earns with her own one-year contract.
Another artist, Miley Cyrus, is allegedly also no longer in the run of becoming a judge on the veteran singing competition. Per E! Online's report, the former Disney star was indeed approached to fill one of the empty seats on the judges table, but the talks "never went far" and the singer/actress "never seriously considered it."
So far, only Carey who has been confirmed to join the 12th cycle of "Idol" as a judge. Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban were recently said to be close to seal their deals, but FOX hasn't made the official announcement just yet.
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head