Katy Perry Allegedly Rejects $20 Million Offer From 'American Idol'
Katy Perry can now be removed from the list of potential "American Idol" judges. The "Wide Awake" songstress is said to have turned down a $20 million offer from the show's producers to take the much-talked-about gig.
"She was being hotly pursued. They really wanted her," a source tells Us Weekly. Nonetheless, the California-born singer has reportedly rejected the offer, which could give her $2 million more than Mariah Carey allegedly earns with her own one-year contract.
Another artist, Miley Cyrus, is allegedly also no longer in the run of becoming a judge on the veteran singing competition. Per E! Online's report, the former Disney star was indeed approached to fill one of the empty seats on the judges table, but the talks "never went far" and the singer/actress "never seriously considered it."
So far, only Carey who has been confirmed to join the 12th cycle of "Idol" as a judge. Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban were recently said to be close to seal their deals, but FOX hasn't made the official announcement just yet.
More American Idol News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns