Katy Perry Allegedly Rejects $20 Million Offer From 'American Idol'
Katy Perry can now be removed from the list of potential "American Idol" judges. The "Wide Awake" songstress is said to have turned down a $20 million offer from the show's producers to take the much-talked-about gig.
"She was being hotly pursued. They really wanted her," a source tells Us Weekly. Nonetheless, the California-born singer has reportedly rejected the offer, which could give her $2 million more than Mariah Carey allegedly earns with her own one-year contract.
Another artist, Miley Cyrus, is allegedly also no longer in the run of becoming a judge on the veteran singing competition. Per E! Online's report, the former Disney star was indeed approached to fill one of the empty seats on the judges table, but the talks "never went far" and the singer/actress "never seriously considered it."
So far, only Carey who has been confirmed to join the 12th cycle of "Idol" as a judge. Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban were recently said to be close to seal their deals, but FOX hasn't made the official announcement just yet.
More American Idol News
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet