Alanis Morissette Confirms She's Been in Talks for 'American Idol'
Alanis Morissette is another musician who has been approached by "American Idol" producers. The 38-year-old rocker has revealed that she has been in negotiations about filling one of the empty seats at the judges table of the FOX reality series.
"Yes, I have been in conversations about it, and that's the degree to which I can share the info right now," she told CNN. Admitting that she's interested in joining the singing competition, the "Hands Clean" songstress added, "I live to mentor, so my heart is much more open to the idea of that than even 10 years ago when I, perhaps, wasn't in a position to be able to offer much advice, solicited or otherwise."
Morissette, who served as an adviser to Adam Levine's team in "The Voice" season 2, further shared, "[B]ut I love watching people and just getting really curious about what they want and what they need and what their goals are, and then I can support them. I would do it formally, for sure."
As of late, Kanye West and Nicki Minaj were also mentioned as possible new judges on the show. While Yeezy was said to be "on the fence" about taking the job, the raptress was allegedly close to seal the deal. Regarding the latter's alleged involvement, Mariah Carey was reportedly upset because she was led to believe she would be the only woman on the judging panel when she signed up.
Previously, Nick Jonas also confirmed he was in the running of becoming a new judge. FOX, however, remains mum on the reports.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen