'Sesame Street' Nabs Zac Efron and Halle Berry as Guest Stars, Spoofs 'The Voice'
"Sesame Street" has announced its guest star line-up for its 43rd installment. Movie stars Zac Efron, Halle Berry, Steve Carell, Don Cheadle, Amy Ryan, Casey Affleck, Paula Patton and Melissa McCarthy are set to share screen with the puppets when the show returns Monday, September 24 on PBS.
TV stars Jon Hamm, Eric Stonestreet, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, David Hyde Pierce, Timothy Olyphant, Maya Rudolph, Ed Helms, Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard also make the list, joined by athletes David Beckham, Blake Griffin and Matt Kemp, hosts Mario Lopez and Wendy Williams, musicians Colbie Caillat, Train and Common, as well as Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.
In addition to tapping the aforementioned A-list stars, "Sesame Street" will include spoofs to popular shows such as "The Voice" and "Downton Abbey". In "The Voice" spoof, three judges are searching for "the voice" but keep mistaking it for sounds made by other parts of the body. Meanwhile in "Upside Downton Abbey", everything keeps falling to the ceiling.
The new chapter of the long-running children's series will also feature parodies of Train's song "Drive By" and "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor.
Promo photos featuring some of the guest stars and two previews to the new segments have been released.
- R. Kelly Sued for Allegedly Having a 5-Year Affair With a Man's Wife
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return
- Kim Kardashian's 'Jealous' of Kourtney's Hot Beach Body
- Katy Perry Announces Migos Collaboration 'Bon Appetit'
- Hilary Swank Boards FX's 'Trust'
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart