Brad Paisley Wanted as Third Judge on 'American Idol'
"American Idol" could bring in a country music singer to round up its judge line-up. After nabbing pop and R&B diva Mariah Carey, the show is said to be courting Brad Paisley to fill the empty seat following the departures of Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.
According to Deadline which first reported the news of Paisley's possible involvement, the only remaining original judge Randy Jackson will likely return to the show's twelfth season. Additionally, FOX is allegedly considering about adding a fourth judge to the panel.
Paisley himself is no stranger to "Idol". He has performed on the veteran reality series and worked with Carrie Underwood and Scotty McCreery, who were the winners of the show's fourth season and tenth season respectively.
In addition to the judge shakeup, the upcoming season of "Idol" will open three new ways to audition, which were "American Idol Small Town Audition Bus Tour", "Nominate An Idol" program and online auditions. The show is expected to return on FOX in early 2013, with Ryan Seacrest still tackling the hosting duty.
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef