Brad Paisley Wanted as Third Judge on 'American Idol'
"American Idol" could bring in a country music singer to round up its judge line-up. After nabbing pop and R&B diva Mariah Carey, the show is said to be courting Brad Paisley to fill the empty seat following the departures of Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.
According to Deadline which first reported the news of Paisley's possible involvement, the only remaining original judge Randy Jackson will likely return to the show's twelfth season. Additionally, FOX is allegedly considering about adding a fourth judge to the panel.
Paisley himself is no stranger to "Idol". He has performed on the veteran reality series and worked with Carrie Underwood and Scotty McCreery, who were the winners of the show's fourth season and tenth season respectively.
In addition to the judge shakeup, the upcoming season of "Idol" will open three new ways to audition, which were "American Idol Small Town Audition Bus Tour", "Nominate An Idol" program and online auditions. The show is expected to return on FOX in early 2013, with Ryan Seacrest still tackling the hosting duty.
More American Idol News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera