Brad Paisley Wanted as Third Judge on 'American Idol'
"American Idol" could bring in a country music singer to round up its judge line-up. After nabbing pop and R&B diva Mariah Carey, the show is said to be courting Brad Paisley to fill the empty seat following the departures of Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.
According to Deadline which first reported the news of Paisley's possible involvement, the only remaining original judge Randy Jackson will likely return to the show's twelfth season. Additionally, FOX is allegedly considering about adding a fourth judge to the panel.
Paisley himself is no stranger to "Idol". He has performed on the veteran reality series and worked with Carrie Underwood and Scotty McCreery, who were the winners of the show's fourth season and tenth season respectively.
In addition to the judge shakeup, the upcoming season of "Idol" will open three new ways to audition, which were "American Idol Small Town Audition Bus Tour", "Nominate An Idol" program and online auditions. The show is expected to return on FOX in early 2013, with Ryan Seacrest still tackling the hosting duty.
More American Idol News
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos