Brad Paisley Wanted as Third Judge on 'American Idol'
"American Idol" could bring in a country music singer to round up its judge line-up. After nabbing pop and R&B diva Mariah Carey, the show is said to be courting Brad Paisley to fill the empty seat following the departures of Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.
According to Deadline which first reported the news of Paisley's possible involvement, the only remaining original judge Randy Jackson will likely return to the show's twelfth season. Additionally, FOX is allegedly considering about adding a fourth judge to the panel.
Paisley himself is no stranger to "Idol". He has performed on the veteran reality series and worked with Carrie Underwood and Scotty McCreery, who were the winners of the show's fourth season and tenth season respectively.
In addition to the judge shakeup, the upcoming season of "Idol" will open three new ways to audition, which were "American Idol Small Town Audition Bus Tour", "Nominate An Idol" program and online auditions. The show is expected to return on FOX in early 2013, with Ryan Seacrest still tackling the hosting duty.
More American Idol News
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant