Daniel Radcliffe to Give 'The F-Word' in New Romantic Comedy Film
Daniel Radcliffe is about to try out a new genre for his upcoming movie. The British actor, who's famously known as the titular wizard in the "Harry Potter" film series, has scored a role in a romantic comedy pic called "The F-Word".
Variety reports that Radcliffe is set to star opposite "Ruby Sparks" actress Zoe Kazan in the new film, which will be directed by "Goon" helmer Michael Dowse. Elan Mastai, meanwhile, has written the script that was mentioned on the 2008 Black List.
Radcliffe is cast as Wallace, while Kazan is set to portray his love interest Chantry. The two build chemistry after meeting at a party. The fact that the girl has already had a longtime boyfriend forces them to deny their feelings and try to be just friends.
"The F Word" is adapted from "Toothpaste and Cigars", a play by T.J. Dawe and Michael Rinaldi. Though it hasn't rounded up the cast ensemble, the project is already scheduled to kick off its filming on August 15 in Toronto.
After wrapping the "Harry Potter" film series, Radcliffe scored a number of dark indie pics. He will next be seen starring as famous Beat poet Allen Ginsberg in "Kill Your Darlings". Last seen in "The Woman in Black", the British thesp has also landed a role in "Horns", a film adaptation of Joe Hill's horror book.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'