Daniel Radcliffe Grows 'Horns' in His New Film
Daniel Radcliffe is sticking to the fantasy/thriller genre by signing up to "Horns". It was announced on Friday, July 13 that the "Harry Potter" star will portray the number one suspect for the rape and murder of his girlfriend in the movie adapted from Joe Hill's The New York Times best-seller novel.
Directed by Alexandre Aja, the film follows Radcliffe's character, Ig Perrish, who awakens one morning to find horns starting to grow from his own head and soon realizes their power drives people to confess their sins and give in to their impulses - an effective tool in his quest to discover the true circumstances of his late girlfriend's tragedy.
"After reading Joe Hill's cult book, I couldn't resist temptation to dive into the devilish underworld and reinvent a universal myth," Aja said. "Horns is a wild ride of sin and crime, with a love story in its heart."
Filming will start this fall with screenplay by Keith Bunin. Red Granite Pictures finances the movie and co-produces with Mandalay Pictures.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur