Portia de Rossi Is Lily Munster on NBC's 'Mockingbird Lane'
Another star has been cast as a member of the Munsters on Bryan Fuller's "Mockingbird Lane". Portia de Rossi is tapped to portray the family's matriarch Lily Munster on the NBC reboot of the 1960s fantasy comedy.
An Australia-born actress, Rossi is best known for her roles as lawyer Nelle Porter on "Ally McBeal" and Lindsay Bluth Funke on "Arrested Development". She recently landed a lead role in "The Smart One" pilot, which is executive produced by her own wife Ellen DeGeneres. However, ABC didn't order the comedy for fall.
The 39-year-old beauty will join Jerry O'Connell and Mason Cook who were earlier cast as Lily's husband Herman Munster and the couple's werewolf son Eddie Munster respectively. Additionally, Eddie Izzard is set to play the vampire Grandpa.
"Mockingbird Lane" is said to be edgier and slightly darker than the original show, and will focus on the origins of Herman and Lily Munster. "X-Men" and "X-Men 2" helmer Bryan Singer has been billed to direct the hour-long drama.
The project was initially set to kick off production in the spring, but it's pushed back to early summer due to casting issue. "The primary issue was finding the right cast. I tend to write in a very tricky tone," creator Fuller explained to EW. "It's hard to find actors who are agile enough to navigate the turns. There's mouthfuls of dialog."
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack