Any Similarities Between 'Bunheads' and 'Gilmore Girls' Are Not on Purpose, Creator Says
More than ten years after successfully delivering "Gilmore Girls", Amy Sherman-Palladino develops "Bunheads" which may remind viewers about the Alexis Bledel-starrer with its small town set. Denying that she intentionally includes this similarity on the upcoming show, the creator tells TVLine, "As far as the small town, it just became [small], honestly, by necessity."
On the similar storyline which follows three generations of women, the wife of writer/producer Daniel Palladino simply claims, "And as far as the generational stuff, look, I just like that." However, she later emphasizes on the differences between the two shows as adding, "This time, I have four [young] girls that I'm centering on instead of one. It's not a mother-daughter story. It's not about that. But it is about home. And finding a home. And who are we going to become."
"Are there similarities [to 'Gilmore']? Sure. Are they on purpose? No," she goes on insisting. "Am I unhappy about them? No. It's a different world. It's a fun world. My hope is it's a world that 'Gilmore' fans will feel comfortable working into, and [also] find different dynamics to fall in love with that they didn't have on 'Gilmore Girls'."
Set to debut Monday, June 11 at 9/8c on ABC Family, "Bunheads" follows Sutton Foster's Michelle, a former ballerina turned Vegas showgirl. She impulsively marries a man, moves to his coastal town and takes an uneasy role at her new mother-in-law's dance school. Kelly Bishop is cast as Fanny Flowers, Michelle's judgmental mother-in-law.
Amy Sherman-Palladino revealed her own past as a dancer inspired her in making the drama series. "I danced my whole life. My mother is tragically disappointed at the ugly turn of events that my life has taken. She really counted on me being a dancer," so she shared.
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion