Any Similarities Between 'Bunheads' and 'Gilmore Girls' Are Not on Purpose, Creator Says
More than ten years after successfully delivering "Gilmore Girls", Amy Sherman-Palladino develops "Bunheads" which may remind viewers about the Alexis Bledel-starrer with its small town set. Denying that she intentionally includes this similarity on the upcoming show, the creator tells TVLine, "As far as the small town, it just became [small], honestly, by necessity."
On the similar storyline which follows three generations of women, the wife of writer/producer Daniel Palladino simply claims, "And as far as the generational stuff, look, I just like that." However, she later emphasizes on the differences between the two shows as adding, "This time, I have four [young] girls that I'm centering on instead of one. It's not a mother-daughter story. It's not about that. But it is about home. And finding a home. And who are we going to become."
"Are there similarities [to 'Gilmore']? Sure. Are they on purpose? No," she goes on insisting. "Am I unhappy about them? No. It's a different world. It's a fun world. My hope is it's a world that 'Gilmore' fans will feel comfortable working into, and [also] find different dynamics to fall in love with that they didn't have on 'Gilmore Girls'."
Set to debut Monday, June 11 at 9/8c on ABC Family, "Bunheads" follows Sutton Foster's Michelle, a former ballerina turned Vegas showgirl. She impulsively marries a man, moves to his coastal town and takes an uneasy role at her new mother-in-law's dance school. Kelly Bishop is cast as Fanny Flowers, Michelle's judgmental mother-in-law.
Amy Sherman-Palladino revealed her own past as a dancer inspired her in making the drama series. "I danced my whole life. My mother is tragically disappointed at the ugly turn of events that my life has taken. She really counted on me being a dancer," so she shared.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'