Jake Owen Shares His Beachside Wedding Photo
Emerging from his weekend trouble, country singer Jake Owen held a wedding ceremony for him and fiance Lacey Buchanan on Monday, May 7 morning. Owen tweeted the happy news, "A best friend for life. I now have a wifey. My face hurts from smiling. What a wonderful way to start the rest of my life."
The beachside ceremony was held during sunrise in his hometown of Vero Beach, Fla. He decided to get married at the early hours because "it's symbolic of the dawn of a new day and starting our new life together," he told People magazine. He posted a photo of him and the bride wearing all-white and barefooted.
"I'm looking forward to being a husband, someone his wife relies and leans on," Owen said. Buchanan added, "He gives me so much love, that it's the best place of my life, and having the commitment of marriage means everything."
Owen and Buchanan met when she starred in his music video for "8 Second Ride". However, they did not start dating until she was made his music video model in "Barefoot Blue Jean Night". He made an impromptu proposal of marriage to her last month during his concert at alma mater, Vero Beach High School. He did not present her with a ring at that time but bought her a 2.5 carat custom-design ring after returning to Nashville.
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards