Phillip Phillips' Mother Requests Prayers for the 'American Idol' Contestant
The hectic schedule of "American Idol" seems to have made Phillip Phillips' kidney stone issues even more troublesome. The mother of the 21-year-old aspiring singer recently took to her Facebook page to update fans on his condition and ask for their prayer for him to get the strength he needs for the competition.
"I have a special prayer request. Please stop and pray a special prayer for Phillip," Phillip's mother began her posting. She went on to share that her son "is in a lot of pain and I am sad about it." She added, "I just wish he felt good. I love him so much and wish I could be with him. He would appreciate the prayers too!"
Phillip's health concern was first brought to attention early in the "Idol" competition. Back on March 8, he was rushed to the hospital after experiencing severe abdominal pain. At the time, his father Donnie told TMZ that the Top 6 finalist had undergone 5 procedures to remove kidney stones, which have been a problem since last October.
After Phillip's mother made the prayer request, Donnie opened up to Albany Uncovered that "Idol" contestants are getting very little sleep because of their schedule. He added that "it's starting to take a toll" on the singer from Leesburg, Georgia "especially when combined with his ongoing kidney stone issues."
More American Idol News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent