Phillip Phillips' Mother Requests Prayers for the 'American Idol' Contestant
The hectic schedule of "American Idol" seems to have made Phillip Phillips' kidney stone issues even more troublesome. The mother of the 21-year-old aspiring singer recently took to her Facebook page to update fans on his condition and ask for their prayer for him to get the strength he needs for the competition.
"I have a special prayer request. Please stop and pray a special prayer for Phillip," Phillip's mother began her posting. She went on to share that her son "is in a lot of pain and I am sad about it." She added, "I just wish he felt good. I love him so much and wish I could be with him. He would appreciate the prayers too!"
Phillip's health concern was first brought to attention early in the "Idol" competition. Back on March 8, he was rushed to the hospital after experiencing severe abdominal pain. At the time, his father Donnie told TMZ that the Top 6 finalist had undergone 5 procedures to remove kidney stones, which have been a problem since last October.
After Phillip's mother made the prayer request, Donnie opened up to Albany Uncovered that "Idol" contestants are getting very little sleep because of their schedule. He added that "it's starting to take a toll" on the singer from Leesburg, Georgia "especially when combined with his ongoing kidney stone issues."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance