Phillip Phillips Back to 'American Idol' After Hospital Visit for Suspected Gallstones
Phillip Phillips might need an emergency medical treatment on Thursday, March 8 morning, but he is determined to stay on "American Idol". Sources close to production said that the season 11 contestant was rushed to the hospital after experiencing severe abdominal pain, but is now back in the studio.
There are yet official words on what Phillip was suffering from, but TMZ noted that people close to the aspiring singer think it could be gallstones. He was hospitalized for a similar condition in January, a source at the Georgia pawn shop where he used to work spilled. His father additionally said that the 21-year-old had undergone 5 procedures to remove kidney stones, which have been a problem since last October.
Phillip was the last contestant to perform on the Top 13 show Wednesday night. He delivered a guitar-driven rendition of Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", and earned praises from the judges. Steven Tyler commented, "You just are," while Jennifer Lopez gushed, "You made it your own and you killed it," and Randy Jackson declared, "I love what you do."
Despite the hospital visit, Phillip is said to be present on the elimination show Thursday night, which will see the judges deciding which one of the bottom two will stay and compete for another round. On-set sources told RumorFix, "He was there this afternoon for dress rehearsal and he looked just fine."
Phillip isn't the only "Idol" contestant who needed medical treatment during the competition. On season 10, Casey Abrams had to be taken to hospital twice for intestinal problems, and on season 9, finalist Crystal Bowersox suffered complications from diabetes. Season 7 winner David Cook also needed treatment for high blood pressure.
More American Idol News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake