Mindy McCready Welcomes a Baby Boy, Not Twins
Mindy McCready has given birth to a baby, not twins like she previously suggested when announcing her pregnancy. The 36-year-old country music singer and her boyfriend David Wilson welcomed a baby boy on Monday, April 9, and they named him Zayne.
Mindy revealed she's pregnant with twins back in November 2011 when she's nearly seven months along. In a statement issued to E! News, her representative explained that her initial prediction was made due to the size of her baby bump and it's fueled by a misinterpreted sonogram.
"At the time of the initial announcement surrounding Mindy's pregnancy, in consideration of her size," the publicist said, "Mindy was certain she was carrying twins; a misinterpreted sonogram seemed to support her feelings and excitement," the rep said.
Though the twins turned out to be one baby only, the couple are overjoyed by the arrival of the newborn. "Zayne is truly a blessing and a joy," they said. "It was a long and trying pregnancy; we're so happy he's here. There are no words to convey how happy we are."
McCready, who has attempted suicide several times in the past, has another son Zander from her previous relationship with Billy McKnight. Her mother Gayle Inge has been the kid's legal guardian for the past four years. Last fall, she took him from the care of her parents and fled.
"[I don't think] taking my own child, that I carried for nine months, that I gave birth to in the hospital by myself would ever be breaking the law," she said in an interview. "I believe everybody makes mistakes, everybody has to grow up."
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill