Mindy McCready Welcomes a Baby Boy, Not Twins
Mindy McCready has given birth to a baby, not twins like she previously suggested when announcing her pregnancy. The 36-year-old country music singer and her boyfriend David Wilson welcomed a baby boy on Monday, April 9, and they named him Zayne.
Mindy revealed she's pregnant with twins back in November 2011 when she's nearly seven months along. In a statement issued to E! News, her representative explained that her initial prediction was made due to the size of her baby bump and it's fueled by a misinterpreted sonogram.
"At the time of the initial announcement surrounding Mindy's pregnancy, in consideration of her size," the publicist said, "Mindy was certain she was carrying twins; a misinterpreted sonogram seemed to support her feelings and excitement," the rep said.
Though the twins turned out to be one baby only, the couple are overjoyed by the arrival of the newborn. "Zayne is truly a blessing and a joy," they said. "It was a long and trying pregnancy; we're so happy he's here. There are no words to convey how happy we are."
McCready, who has attempted suicide several times in the past, has another son Zander from her previous relationship with Billy McKnight. Her mother Gayle Inge has been the kid's legal guardian for the past four years. Last fall, she took him from the care of her parents and fled.
"[I don't think] taking my own child, that I carried for nine months, that I gave birth to in the hospital by myself would ever be breaking the law," she said in an interview. "I believe everybody makes mistakes, everybody has to grow up."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child