Davy Jones Has Been Laid to Rest in Private Funeral, Rep Confirms
A week after he passed away due to severe heart attack, Davy Jones was laid to rest. A spokeswoman for the former member of The Monkees told Reuters that a private funeral was held near his home in Florida on Wednesday, March 7. The small service was attended only by his wife, daughters and other immediate family members.
Jones' publicist Helen Kensick additionally confirmed previous report that the late singer's body was to be cremated. As for what the 66-year-old singer's family had planned to do with the remains, the representative spilled that his ashes was returned to his birthplace in Manchester, England.
On Wednesday night, Jones' daughter Annabel wrote on her Facebook page, "Some of you may or may not know that on Wednesday last week I lost my Father." Thanking everyone for making her "feel less lost and bottomless", she noted, "My family and I have been overwhelmed by the love and support of everyone who has reached out to tell us that we're not alone."
"Dad and I connected mostly over music, songwriting and performance, that's where we understood each other," Annabel continued on. "The hours I spent sitting amongst you all watching him perform are honestly some of my most precious and treasured moments. Everything was so simple while he was up there, I felt proud and close and I understood him there, as I know you all did."
Jones passed away in a Florida hospital on Wednesday, February 29 morning. Before his passing, the "I'm a Believer" hitmaker was said to have been complaining of shortness of breath. His funeral service was not attended by any other surviving Monkees member. Former bandmate Micky Dolenz explained that the family wanted "to avoid a media circus" and to "keep it very, very low-key and very, very private."
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital