Autopsy Confirms Davy Jones Died of Severe Heart Attack
Davy Jones indeed passed away because of his heart. Martin County Medical Examiners Office said that an autopsy was performed on the former lead singer of The Monkees by Chief Medical Examiner Roger E. Mittleman at 10:30 A.M. EST on Thursday, March 1 morning, and was able to confirm that he died of a severe heart attack.
Preliminary results of the autopsy uncovered that Jones suffered ventricular fibrillation due to severe coronary atherosclerosis. That means the 66-year-old had an abnormal heart rhythm which is caused by a blocking of blood to the heart because of a hardening of the arteries. It was also noted that there's no sign anything else is to blame for his death.
Jones' cause of death, however, won't be officially declared until the results from the toxicology tests are in. The tests could take another six or eight weeks.
Jones died in a Florida hospital on Wednesday morning. Before his death, the "I'm a Believer" hitmaker was said to have been complaining of shortness of breath. He is survived by wife Jessica Pacheco-Jones, three sisters, four daughters and three grandchildren. Funeral arrangements have not yet been made, his spokeswoman said.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger