Autopsy Confirms Davy Jones Died of Severe Heart Attack
Davy Jones indeed passed away because of his heart. Martin County Medical Examiners Office said that an autopsy was performed on the former lead singer of The Monkees by Chief Medical Examiner Roger E. Mittleman at 10:30 A.M. EST on Thursday, March 1 morning, and was able to confirm that he died of a severe heart attack.
Preliminary results of the autopsy uncovered that Jones suffered ventricular fibrillation due to severe coronary atherosclerosis. That means the 66-year-old had an abnormal heart rhythm which is caused by a blocking of blood to the heart because of a hardening of the arteries. It was also noted that there's no sign anything else is to blame for his death.
Jones' cause of death, however, won't be officially declared until the results from the toxicology tests are in. The tests could take another six or eight weeks.
Jones died in a Florida hospital on Wednesday morning. Before his death, the "I'm a Believer" hitmaker was said to have been complaining of shortness of breath. He is survived by wife Jessica Pacheco-Jones, three sisters, four daughters and three grandchildren. Funeral arrangements have not yet been made, his spokeswoman said.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special