Autopsy Confirms Davy Jones Died of Severe Heart Attack
Davy Jones indeed passed away because of his heart. Martin County Medical Examiners Office said that an autopsy was performed on the former lead singer of The Monkees by Chief Medical Examiner Roger E. Mittleman at 10:30 A.M. EST on Thursday, March 1 morning, and was able to confirm that he died of a severe heart attack.
Preliminary results of the autopsy uncovered that Jones suffered ventricular fibrillation due to severe coronary atherosclerosis. That means the 66-year-old had an abnormal heart rhythm which is caused by a blocking of blood to the heart because of a hardening of the arteries. It was also noted that there's no sign anything else is to blame for his death.
Jones' cause of death, however, won't be officially declared until the results from the toxicology tests are in. The tests could take another six or eight weeks.
Jones died in a Florida hospital on Wednesday morning. Before his death, the "I'm a Believer" hitmaker was said to have been complaining of shortness of breath. He is survived by wife Jessica Pacheco-Jones, three sisters, four daughters and three grandchildren. Funeral arrangements have not yet been made, his spokeswoman said.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!