Autopsy Confirms Davy Jones Died of Severe Heart Attack
Davy Jones indeed passed away because of his heart. Martin County Medical Examiners Office said that an autopsy was performed on the former lead singer of The Monkees by Chief Medical Examiner Roger E. Mittleman at 10:30 A.M. EST on Thursday, March 1 morning, and was able to confirm that he died of a severe heart attack.
Preliminary results of the autopsy uncovered that Jones suffered ventricular fibrillation due to severe coronary atherosclerosis. That means the 66-year-old had an abnormal heart rhythm which is caused by a blocking of blood to the heart because of a hardening of the arteries. It was also noted that there's no sign anything else is to blame for his death.
Jones' cause of death, however, won't be officially declared until the results from the toxicology tests are in. The tests could take another six or eight weeks.
Jones died in a Florida hospital on Wednesday morning. Before his death, the "I'm a Believer" hitmaker was said to have been complaining of shortness of breath. He is survived by wife Jessica Pacheco-Jones, three sisters, four daughters and three grandchildren. Funeral arrangements have not yet been made, his spokeswoman said.
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win