Autopsy Confirms Davy Jones Died of Severe Heart Attack
Davy Jones indeed passed away because of his heart. Martin County Medical Examiners Office said that an autopsy was performed on the former lead singer of The Monkees by Chief Medical Examiner Roger E. Mittleman at 10:30 A.M. EST on Thursday, March 1 morning, and was able to confirm that he died of a severe heart attack.
Preliminary results of the autopsy uncovered that Jones suffered ventricular fibrillation due to severe coronary atherosclerosis. That means the 66-year-old had an abnormal heart rhythm which is caused by a blocking of blood to the heart because of a hardening of the arteries. It was also noted that there's no sign anything else is to blame for his death.
Jones' cause of death, however, won't be officially declared until the results from the toxicology tests are in. The tests could take another six or eight weeks.
Jones died in a Florida hospital on Wednesday morning. Before his death, the "I'm a Believer" hitmaker was said to have been complaining of shortness of breath. He is survived by wife Jessica Pacheco-Jones, three sisters, four daughters and three grandchildren. Funeral arrangements have not yet been made, his spokeswoman said.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding