Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep' Is Biggest-Selling Digital Song by Female Artist
Adele continues to score a major milestone. After being hailed as a female artist with the longest No.1 domination on Billboard Hot 200, the British pop sensation now becomes a woman in music industry who has the biggest-selling digital song, thanks to her smash hit "Rolling in the Deep".
The single raked in 5.92 million copies last January when Nielsen SoundScan released its "2011 Music Industry Report", but now it has moved to 6.68 million. It surpasses Lady GaGa's "Poker Face" (6.62 million) to become the biggest seller in the all-female list of all time.
In the all-time list which gathers all music acts, Adele moves from her position at No. 7 last January to being ranked the second after Black Eyed Peas. will.i.am and his bandmates come in her way to top the list with their worldwide hit "I Gotta Feeling" (7.82 million).
Also making a huge jump is LMFAO. From sitting no where on the top-10 list, the duo rocket to No. 6 with their club-ready anthem "Party Rock Anthem" (6.26 million). Flo Rida and Ke$ha follow at No. 7 and 8 with "Low" (6.23 million) and "Tik Tok" (6.22 million) respectively.
- "I Gotta Feeling" - Black Eyed Peas (7.82 million)
- "Rolling in the Deep" - Adele (6.68 million)
- "Poker Face" - Lady GaGa (6.62 million)
- "Just Dance" - Lady GaGa (6.53 million)
- "Boom Boom Pow" - Black Eyed Peas (6.34 million)
- "Party Rock Anthem" - LMFAO (6.26 million)
- "Low" - Flo Rida (6.23 million)
- "Tik Tok" - Ke$ha (6.22 million)
- "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz (6.02 million)
- "Dynamite" - Taio Cruz (5.90 million)
More Adele News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle