Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep' Is Biggest-Selling Digital Song by Female Artist
Adele continues to score a major milestone. After being hailed as a female artist with the longest No.1 domination on Billboard Hot 200, the British pop sensation now becomes a woman in music industry who has the biggest-selling digital song, thanks to her smash hit "Rolling in the Deep".
The single raked in 5.92 million copies last January when Nielsen SoundScan released its "2011 Music Industry Report", but now it has moved to 6.68 million. It surpasses Lady GaGa's "Poker Face" (6.62 million) to become the biggest seller in the all-female list of all time.
In the all-time list which gathers all music acts, Adele moves from her position at No. 7 last January to being ranked the second after Black Eyed Peas. will.i.am and his bandmates come in her way to top the list with their worldwide hit "I Gotta Feeling" (7.82 million).
Also making a huge jump is LMFAO. From sitting no where on the top-10 list, the duo rocket to No. 6 with their club-ready anthem "Party Rock Anthem" (6.26 million). Flo Rida and Ke$ha follow at No. 7 and 8 with "Low" (6.23 million) and "Tik Tok" (6.22 million) respectively.
- "I Gotta Feeling" - Black Eyed Peas (7.82 million)
- "Rolling in the Deep" - Adele (6.68 million)
- "Poker Face" - Lady GaGa (6.62 million)
- "Just Dance" - Lady GaGa (6.53 million)
- "Boom Boom Pow" - Black Eyed Peas (6.34 million)
- "Party Rock Anthem" - LMFAO (6.26 million)
- "Low" - Flo Rida (6.23 million)
- "Tik Tok" - Ke$ha (6.22 million)
- "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz (6.02 million)
- "Dynamite" - Taio Cruz (5.90 million)
More Adele News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media