Adele Breaks Record by Selling 730,000 Copies of '21' Post Grammys
Adele is unstoppable both at the awards shows and on the charts. The big winner of 2012 BRIT Awards, who bagged six awards at Grammys a week ago, remains at the first spot on Billboard Hot 200 this week by selling a grand total of 730,000 copies with her second album "21".
This is the biggest number pulled by Adele through the Grammy-winning album. The second-biggest one was 399,000 copies which she got over the Christmas holiday. It's also the biggest sales week for any album since Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV" bowed at No. 1 with 964,000 last fall.
The only artist who could sell more than her through a non-debuting album was Josh Groban. Five years ago, the "You Raise Me Up" hitmaker impressively shifted 757,000 copies with his holiday album "Noel" during the busy Christmas week.
In the SoundScan era, Adele becomes a female artist with the longest-running No. 1 album on the U.S. album chart. By clocking a 21-week domination atop the list, she surpasses the record held by Whitney Houston who scored 20-week No. 1 run with "The Bodyguard" soundtrack album.
More Adele News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?