Emma Watson Joins Sofia Coppola's Celebrity Burglaries Drama 'The Bling Ring'
Emma Watson has been securing serious roles in some well-reviewed movies since wrapping the "Harry Potter" film series. After landing a part in "My Week with Marilyn", the English actress now joins forces with Sofia Coppola for the latter's new film called "The Bling Ring".
The upcoming drama is based on a true story about a group of teenagers who commit a ring of celebrity burglaries. Coppola will provide the screenplay in addition to serving as the helmer. The cousin of actor Nicolas Cage will also produce it along with Youree Henley as well as brother Roman Coppola.
According to Variety, Coppola has planned to shoot the movie in Los Angeles, but the exact filming schedule is still unclear. "I'm excited about the young cast we're assembling and I'm looking forward to shooting on location here in Los Angeles," so the 40-year-old filmmaker said.
In addition to "The Bling Ring", Watson has been tapped to star in some other indie pics. The Paris-born actress is set to reunite with "Harry Potter" director David Yates in a drama called "Your Voice in My Head", in which she will play a suicidal writer. She has also been locked to star in Guillermo del Toro's "Beauty and the Beast (2013)".
The 21-year-old actress will next be seen starring opposite such young stars as Logan Lerman, Nina Dobrev, Ezra Miller and Mae Whitman in novel-adapted flick, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower".
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby