Emma Watson to Play Suicidal Writer in David Yates' 'Your Voice in My Head'
Emma Watson could end up reuniting with her "Harry Potter" director David Yates in her next movie. The English beauty is currently in negotiation to star in Yates' new film project called "Your Voice in My Head", which will be developed at Warner Bros. Pictures.
According to Deadline, Watson is expected to tackle the female lead role of a young woman who tries to commit suicide before being saved by a New York-based psychiatrist who is dying of cancer. As for the male lead, Warners reportedly eyes some high-profile names like Tom Hanks and George Clooney.
The story for "Your Voice in My Head" is based on a memoir by Emma Forrest, who also serves as the screenwriter. It follows a self-destructive writer who struggles with her personal issues and embarks on the difficult road to recovery.
Watson was last seen taking on a supporting role in "My Week with Marilyn", which marks her first acting stint post-"Harry Potter". The 21-year-old actress will next be seen starring opposite Logan Lerman and Nina Dobrev in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower".
As for David Yates, the director had previously been courted by Warners to direct "The Imitation Game", a biopic about the life of tormented math genius Alan Turing. However, Yates decided to turn down the offer, leaving the studio to look for a new helmer. It was said that Bryan Singer and Ralph Fiennes were in the mix to direct the project.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala