Guillermo del Toro to Direct 'Beauty and the Beast' With Emma Watson Attached to Star
Guillermo del Toro could direct Emma Watson in "Beauty and the Beast (2017)". The man behind "Pan's Labyrinth" has been on board to produce the new take on the fairytale since it was first developed, and now he is reported to tackle the helming duty as well.
As for Watson, who is best known for her portrayal of Hermione Granger in "Harry Potter" film series, she has been attached to headline the period film. Details of her character and the movie's storyline, however, remain scarce.
The upcoming Beauty and the Beast project was initially developed as an adaptation of Robin McKinley's novel "Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of the Beauty and the Beast", but it has evolved since. "Bridget Jones's Diary" scribe Andrew Davies has been tapped to pen the screenplay.
del Toro is currently filming sci-fi film "Pacific Rim" in Toronto. Watson, meanwhile, will next be seen in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". The 21-year-old British beauty is additionally reported to be in talks to star in David Yates-directed "Your Voice in My Head".
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes