Guillermo del Toro to Direct 'Beauty and the Beast' With Emma Watson Attached to Star
Guillermo del Toro could direct Emma Watson in "Beauty and the Beast (2017)". The man behind "Pan's Labyrinth" has been on board to produce the new take on the fairytale since it was first developed, and now he is reported to tackle the helming duty as well.
As for Watson, who is best known for her portrayal of Hermione Granger in "Harry Potter" film series, she has been attached to headline the period film. Details of her character and the movie's storyline, however, remain scarce.
The upcoming Beauty and the Beast project was initially developed as an adaptation of Robin McKinley's novel "Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of the Beauty and the Beast", but it has evolved since. "Bridget Jones's Diary" scribe Andrew Davies has been tapped to pen the screenplay.
del Toro is currently filming sci-fi film "Pacific Rim" in Toronto. Watson, meanwhile, will next be seen in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". The 21-year-old British beauty is additionally reported to be in talks to star in David Yates-directed "Your Voice in My Head".
More Beauty and the Beast News
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights