Guillermo del Toro to Direct 'Beauty and the Beast' With Emma Watson Attached to Star
Guillermo del Toro could direct Emma Watson in "Beauty and the Beast (2017)". The man behind "Pan's Labyrinth" has been on board to produce the new take on the fairytale since it was first developed, and now he is reported to tackle the helming duty as well.
As for Watson, who is best known for her portrayal of Hermione Granger in "Harry Potter" film series, she has been attached to headline the period film. Details of her character and the movie's storyline, however, remain scarce.
The upcoming Beauty and the Beast project was initially developed as an adaptation of Robin McKinley's novel "Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of the Beauty and the Beast", but it has evolved since. "Bridget Jones's Diary" scribe Andrew Davies has been tapped to pen the screenplay.
del Toro is currently filming sci-fi film "Pacific Rim" in Toronto. Watson, meanwhile, will next be seen in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". The 21-year-old British beauty is additionally reported to be in talks to star in David Yates-directed "Your Voice in My Head".
More Beauty and the Beast News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby