Whitney Houston's Death Likely to Be Officially Declared Accidental
Less than three weeks after Whitney Houston was found dead in the bathtub of Beverly Hilton hotel, words came out that her tragic passing is likely to be officially ruled an accident. A source close to the investigation into the pop icon's death informed E! News of the possibility Tuesday, February 28.
Investigators reportedly found "nothing suspicious" that would connect any physicians or other people of interest to Houston's death. It was also noted that the "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker "had no marks on her body whatsoever to indicate a struggle, and she was the furthest thing from trying to kill herself."
According to the insider, the investigation is nearing an end. It was suggested that the toxicology report could be completed and be with the Beverly Hills Police Department as early next week. The Los Angeles County Department of Coroner, however, declined to comment, reasoning that the investigation is ongoing.
In related news, Beverly Hills Police Department has shot down Radar Online's report that Houston's family, including mother Cissy, has asked law enforcement to look into the leak of the singer's death photos. Lt. Mark Rosen told E! News that no requests were made by members of Houston's family regarding any "death scene photos."
Houston passed away in her suite at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on February 11. She was found underwater and unconscious in the hotel's bathtub. Results of autopsy on her body were placed on security hold, "pending toxicology and further testing." Her death certificate listed her cause of death as "deferred" and noted the manner of death as "pending investigation".
More Whitney Houston News
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday