Whitney Houston's Autopsy Completed, Results Placed on Security Hold
Coroner's officials have brought small updates on the death of pop icon Whitney Houston. On Sunday, February 12 afternoon, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office confirmed that the autopsy on the body of the "I Will Always Love You" singer has been completed, but its results won't be released just yet.
Los Angeles Deputy Chief Coroner Ed Winter said in a press conference that officials have been asked by the Beverly Hills Police Department to put a security hold on the results of their investigation. Noting that the investigation into the singer's death is ongoing, he added that "the cause of death is deferred pending toxicology and further testing."
Though so, Winter did confirm that Houston's body was found in a bath tub of her Beverly Hilton Hotel room on Saturday afternoon. Beverly Hills Police Lt. Mark Rosen additionally said that more details about the singer's death may be released on Monday, February 13, pending detectives permission.
Houston died of undisclosed causes in Beverly Hills, California on Saturday, just hours before she was scheduled to make an appearance at Clive Davis' annual pre-Grammy party. The "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" singer was pronounced dead at 3:55 P.M. in her room on the fourth floor of the Beverly Hilton hotel after paramedics performed CPR for about 20 minutes.
According to TMZ, prescription drugs were found in the room where Houston's body was discovered, but no illegal drugs were found. Rosen informed the press on Saturday that the singer was found unconscious by a member of her entourage and there were no signs of foul play.
In related news, Houston's daughter with ex-husband Bobby Brown, Bobbi Kristina, was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center a day after her mother passed away. Words are, the 18-year-old was being treated for stress and anxiety. She was taken out of the Beverly Hilton Hotel on a stretcher at around 10:30 A.M. Sunday, but has since been released from the hospital.
More Whitney Houston News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent