Grammys 2012: Bon Iver Beat Nicki Minaj as Best New Artist Winner
Though they didn't perform at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards, Bon Iver managed to hit the stage. They were announced that Sunday night to collect a prize for winning Best New Artist. Justin Vernon and his bandmates won over The Band Perry, J. Cole, Nicki Minaj and Skrillex. They were presented the award by Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett.
Days before the awards show took place, lead singer Justin Vernon revealed why they turned down the offer to sing at the prestigious event. "We had to do a collaboration with someone else," he opened up. "We're getting nominated for this record that we made ... and all of a sudden we were being asked to play music that had nothing to do with that."
Earlier in the evening, Lady Antebellum, who got only one nomination for Best Country Album ("Own the Night"), also didn't walk home empty handed. The trio won it against Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Blake Shelton, George Strait and Taylor Swift. They received the award from duo Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show