Grammys 2012: Bon Iver Beat Nicki Minaj as Best New Artist Winner
Though they didn't perform at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards, Bon Iver managed to hit the stage. They were announced that Sunday night to collect a prize for winning Best New Artist. Justin Vernon and his bandmates won over The Band Perry, J. Cole, Nicki Minaj and Skrillex. They were presented the award by Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett.
Days before the awards show took place, lead singer Justin Vernon revealed why they turned down the offer to sing at the prestigious event. "We had to do a collaboration with someone else," he opened up. "We're getting nominated for this record that we made ... and all of a sudden we were being asked to play music that had nothing to do with that."
Earlier in the evening, Lady Antebellum, who got only one nomination for Best Country Album ("Own the Night"), also didn't walk home empty handed. The trio won it against Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Blake Shelton, George Strait and Taylor Swift. They received the award from duo Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal