Grammys 2012: Bon Iver Beat Nicki Minaj as Best New Artist Winner
Though they didn't perform at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards, Bon Iver managed to hit the stage. They were announced that Sunday night to collect a prize for winning Best New Artist. Justin Vernon and his bandmates won over The Band Perry, J. Cole, Nicki Minaj and Skrillex. They were presented the award by Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett.
Days before the awards show took place, lead singer Justin Vernon revealed why they turned down the offer to sing at the prestigious event. "We had to do a collaboration with someone else," he opened up. "We're getting nominated for this record that we made ... and all of a sudden we were being asked to play music that had nothing to do with that."
Earlier in the evening, Lady Antebellum, who got only one nomination for Best Country Album ("Own the Night"), also didn't walk home empty handed. The trio won it against Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Blake Shelton, George Strait and Taylor Swift. They received the award from duo Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video