Grammys 2012: Bon Iver Beat Nicki Minaj as Best New Artist Winner
Though they didn't perform at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards, Bon Iver managed to hit the stage. They were announced that Sunday night to collect a prize for winning Best New Artist. Justin Vernon and his bandmates won over The Band Perry, J. Cole, Nicki Minaj and Skrillex. They were presented the award by Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett.
Days before the awards show took place, lead singer Justin Vernon revealed why they turned down the offer to sing at the prestigious event. "We had to do a collaboration with someone else," he opened up. "We're getting nominated for this record that we made ... and all of a sudden we were being asked to play music that had nothing to do with that."
Earlier in the evening, Lady Antebellum, who got only one nomination for Best Country Album ("Own the Night"), also didn't walk home empty handed. The trio won it against Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Blake Shelton, George Strait and Taylor Swift. They received the award from duo Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'