Grammys 2012: Adele Leads Full Winner List by Collecting Six Awards
Two last awards at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards went to Adele. The British pop sensation took home Record of the Year for "Rolling in the Deep" and Album of the Year for "21". This gave her a total of six awards, leading the winner list.
Adele accepted the Record of the Year prize from Best Country Album winner Lady Antebellum. "Thank you so much--this is ridiculous!" she said and thanked people on the radio for playing the song. "People seem to really, really enjoy it," she noted.
Adele collected the Album of the Year award just before the closing performance by Paul McCartney. She received it from host LL Cool J and Lifetime Achievement Award recipient Diana Ross. Overwhelmed by her win, she "got a bit of snot" when giving a tearful speech.
"Mum I love you, I'm so sorry you're not here," she said after hugging the presenters. "Everyone's been through it ... a rubbish relationship. And it's gone on to do things ... I can't tell you how I feel about it. It's been a life changing year."
The brunette beauty got her four other awards for Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album, and Best Short Form Music Video. She received the Best Pop Vocal Album prize during the pre-telecast of the Grammys.
Her domination was followed by Foo Fighters who collected five kudos. Also getting multiple gongs were Kanye West (four), Skrillex (three), and Tony Bennett, Bon Iver, Taylor Swift as well as Cee-Lo Green (two each).
The awards show was hosted by LL Cool J. The performers included Rihanna, Chris Brown, Kelly Clarkson, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry and Adele. The lives and legacies of Whitney Houston and Etta James were celebrated during the ceremony.
Some of the winners can be found in the following list. Fans can visit Grammy official site to obtain the complete one.
- Record of the Year: "Rolling in the Deep" - Adele
- Album of the Year: "21" - Adele
- Song of the Year: "Rolling in the Deep" - Adele
- Best New Artist: Bon Iver
- Best Pop Solo Performance: "Someone Like You" - Adele
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: Body and Soul" - Tony Bennett ft. Amy Winehouse
- Best Pop Vocal Album: "21" - Adele
- Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album: "Tony Bennett: Duets II" - Tony Bennett
- Best Alternative Music Album: "Bon Iver" - Bon Iver
- Best R&B Album: "F.A.M.E." - Chris Brown
- Best R&B Song: "Fool for You" - Cee-Lo Green ft. Melanie Fiona
- Best Rap Album: "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" - Kanye West
- Best Rap Performance: "Otis" - Kanye West and Jay-Z
- Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: "All of the Lights" - Kanye West ft. Rihanna, Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) and Kid Cudi
- Best Rap Song: "All of the Lights" - Kanye West ft. Rihanna, Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) and Kid Cudi
- Best Country Solo Performance: "Mean" - Taylor Swift
- Best Country Duo/Group Performance: "Barton Hollow" - The Civil Wars
- Best Country Song: "Mean" - Taylor Swift
- Best Country Album: "Own the Night" - Lady Antebellum
- Best Rock Album: "Wasting Light" - Foo Fighters
- Best Rock Song: "Walk" - Foo Fighters
- Best Rock Performance: "Walk" - Foo Fighters
- Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance: "White Limo" - Foo Fighters
- Best Long Form Music Video: "Back and Forth" - Foo Fighters
- Best Short Form Music Video: "Rolling in the Deep" - Adele
- Best Dance/Electronica Album: "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites [EP]" - Skrillex
- Best Dance Recording: "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" - Skrillex
- Best Remixed Recording: Benny Benassi's "Cinema" (Skrillex Remix)
- Best Spoken Word Album: "If You Ask Me (And Of Course You Won't)" - Betty White
- Best Comedy Album: "Hilarious" - Louis C.K.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed