Grammys 2012: Foo Fighters, Kanye West, Taylor Swift and Adele Win Early
Before the live ceremony of 54th Annual Grammy Awards on February 12, a pre-telecast was held announcing some of its early winners. Foo Fighters, Kanye West, Taylor Swift and Adele were among those who were lucky to bring home Golden Gramophones early.
The Dave Grohl-fronted band led the early winner list by grabbing four coveted kudos. They collected prizes for Best Rock Album, Best Rock Song, Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance and Best Long Form Music Video. "Well we know we ain't going home empty handed now," drummer Taylor Hawkins jokingly said.
Kanye received three gongs. The rap mogul won Best Rap Album for "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". He additionally grabbed Best Rap/Sung Collaboration and Best Rap Song, both thanks to his single "All of the Lights".
Swift got two awards. She took home trophies for Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song both for her single "Mean". Adele, meanwhile, got one early kudo; Best Pop Vocal Album for her groundbreaking album "21".
The other early winners were Skrillex, Tony Bennett, Bon Iver, Betty White and Louis C.K. Skrillex got three gongs, Bennett received two, while Iver, White and Louis accepted one each. "There are so many people that I'd like to thank," Skrillex said on the red carpet. "A year and a half ago, I was homeless. I'm not saying it's about money or anything like that. It's just crazy how quick things happen. They're happening right now. I fly to Europe tomorrow morning. It's just like bam-bam-bam."
2012 Grammy Awards will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. LL Cool J is tapped as a host, while Taylor Swift, Adele, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Coldplay, Paul McCartney, Kelly Clarkson, Chris Brown, Carrie Underwood, Lil Wayne and David Guetta are going to perform.
Alicia Keys and Bonnie Raitt will pay homage to Etta James, while Drake, Gwyneth Paltrow, Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley, Jack Black, Stacy Ferguson (Fergie), Marc Anthony, Lady Antebellum, Ryan Seacrest, Ringo Starr and Questlove will be the presenters.
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: Body and Soul" - Tony Bennett ft. Amy Winehouse
- Best Pop Vocal Album: "21" - Adele
- Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album: "Tony Bennett: Duets II" - Tony Bennett
- Best Alternative Music Album: "Bon Iver" - Bon Iver
- Best Rap Album: "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" - Kanye West
- Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: "All of the Lights" - Kanye West ft. Rihanna, Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) and Kid Cudi
- Best Rap Song: "All of the Lights" - Kanye West ft. Rihanna, Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) and Kid Cudi
- Best Country Solo Performance: "Mean" - Taylor Swift
- Best Country Song: "Mean" - Taylor Swift
- Best Rock Album: "Wasting Light" - Foo Fighters
- Best Rock Song: "Walk" - Foo Fighters
- Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance: "White Limo" - Foo Fighters
- Best Long Form Music Video: "Back and Forth" - Foo Fighters
- Best R&B performance: "Is This Love" - Corinne Bailey Rae
- Best Dance/Electronica Album: "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites [EP]" - Skrillex
- Best Dance Recording: "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" - Skrillex
- Best Remixed Recording: Benny Benassi's "Cinema" (Skrillex Remix)
- Best Spoken Word Album: "If You Ask Me (And Of Course You Won't)" - Betty White
- Best Comedy Album: "Hilarious" - Louis C.K.
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo