'Amazing Spider-Man' New Trailer Presents Peter Parker as Dark yet Witty Hero
A day after being unveiled at a worldwide screening event, a brand new trailer for "The Amazing Spider-Man" has finally made its way out onto the web. As described previously, the video not only presents the iconic web-slinging actions from Spidey, but it also shows his darker side as a lonely orphan.
The sneak peek shows that the disappearance of Peter Parker's parents is not just an additional story in the film, but it apparently plays an important role in why Peter becomes the web slinger. It additionally offers a look at Peter's bittersweet relationship with Dr. Connor, a man he respects at first before turning into his archenemy.
The dark tone aside, the trailer provides a look at the titular hero as a wise cracker. He is, at one point, seen poking fun at a car thief with his witty joke. The rest of the promo video is jam-packed with stunning action and fight scenes as the masked vigilante scours between the New York skyscrapers.
"The Amazing Spider-Man" promises to unveil "the untold story" of Peter a.k.a Spidey. Like most teenagers his age, he is trying to figure out who he is and how he to be the person he is today. In his journey to put the pieces of his past together, he uncovers a secret that his father held. The secret will ultimately shape his destiny as Spider-Man.
Director Marc Webb once explained that he wanted to explore Parker's secret story that is connected to his origin. "I wanted to treat Peter Parker in a more naturalistic way," he said. "I think there are a lot of things from Spider-Man canon that haven't been explored cinematically."
"This movie really starts off with Peter Parker and his parents, which is something we've never really seen before," the filmmaker continued on. "And I think that was something we were all really interested in exploring as filmmakers."
The Marvel superhero movie will open wide in the U.S. on July 3. Andrew Garfield plays the lead hero, with Emma Stone and Rhys Ifans tackling the parts of Gwen Stacy and Dr. Connor a.k.a The Lizard respectively.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences