Lana Del Rey Poised for No. 2 Debut on Hot 200
Lana Del Rey is aiming for a high entry on Billboard Hot 200 next week. Despite receiving backlash due to her shaky performance on "Saturday Night Live", the internet sensation is predicted to bow at the second spot on the U.S. album chart with her newly-released album "Born to Die".
The CD is estimated to sell around 60,000 to 70,000 copies in its opening week. This could be her second visit to the Hot 200. The "Video Games" singer previously bowed at No. 20 on the weekly rundown through her eponymous digital mini album. She broke into the top 20 by selling 14,000 copies.
If the final figure meets the expectation, it will also make Del Rey the first female artist, since Jackie Evancho, who has the highest entry on the album chart with her full-length major label debut. Last year, the "America's Got Talent" alum landed at No. 2 with her "Dream With Me" (161,000 copies).
In the digital charts, "Born to Die" has topped iTunes charts in more than 10 countries around the world. "Thank you for making the record #1 in 11 countries," so she wrote on her Twitter. "Your sweet words have softened the effect of even the harshest reviews. I adore you."
More Lana Del Rey News
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors
- Bedroom Romp? Brandi Glanville and Boyfriend Pose Completely Naked in Bed in NSFW Selfie
- NBC Renews 'Days of Our Lives' for 52nd Season
- Adele Secretly Tied the Knot With Simon Konecki in Low-Key Ceremony at Home
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father