Jennifer Lopez Tapped to Serve as Presenter at Academy Awards 2012
Jennifer Lopez has landed an important duty at the much awaited gig, Academy Awards 2012. On Monday, January 30, Oscars producers Brian Grazer and Don Mischer announced that the Latin diva will become one of the presenters at the prestigious prize-giving event.
J.Lo will join the cast members of "Bridesmaids", who have previously been tapped for the presenting duty at the awards. They include Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper and Wendi McLendon-Covey.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2011 will be held on Sunday, February 26 at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center. The ceremony will be televised live by the ABC Television Network in more than 225 countries worldwide.
Tackling the hosting duty for this year's Oscars is Billy Crystal, who will host the show for the ninth time. The full nominations have been announced last Tuesday, January 24.
As for Lopez, the "American Idol" judge will next be seen starring in star-studded rom-com "What to Expect When You're Expecting". She has also wrapped the productions for "Parker" and "Ice Age: Continental Drift".
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics