Jennifer Lopez Tapped to Serve as Presenter at Academy Awards 2012
Jennifer Lopez has landed an important duty at the much awaited gig, Academy Awards 2012. On Monday, January 30, Oscars producers Brian Grazer and Don Mischer announced that the Latin diva will become one of the presenters at the prestigious prize-giving event.
J.Lo will join the cast members of "Bridesmaids", who have previously been tapped for the presenting duty at the awards. They include Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper and Wendi McLendon-Covey.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2011 will be held on Sunday, February 26 at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center. The ceremony will be televised live by the ABC Television Network in more than 225 countries worldwide.
Tackling the hosting duty for this year's Oscars is Billy Crystal, who will host the show for the ninth time. The full nominations have been announced last Tuesday, January 24.
As for Lopez, the "American Idol" judge will next be seen starring in star-studded rom-com "What to Expect When You're Expecting". She has also wrapped the productions for "Parker" and "Ice Age: Continental Drift".
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy