People's Choice Awards 2012: Katy Perry and Lady GaGa Lead Music Winner List
Full winners for the 38th annual People's Choice Awards were revealed as soon as the star-studded celebration at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live ended. Katy Perry and Lady GaGa, who were absent from the event, dominated the pack in music category. The former got four kudos, while the latter received one gong, Favorite Album of the Year.
Perry, who got seven nominations including one in TV and movie, won Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Song of the Year, and Favorite Tour Headliner in music. The singer was additionally awarded Favorite Music Video, thanks to her geeky music video for "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)". She was initially confirmed to make an appearance but later scrapped it.
Like Perry and GaGa, most of the music winners didn't come to the show to collect their awards on Wednesday night. The only musicians who took the stage to accept their wins were Demi Lovato and Maroon 5. The songtress was given Favorite Pop Artist prize, and the group were honored with Favorite Band.
Lovato was presented the award by Josh Hutcherson and Vanessa Hudgens after performing "Give Your Heart a Break". She praised fellow nominees as the people she took her inspiration from, and thanked her fans. As for Maroon 5, it's Adam Levine and James Valentine who came up to the stage to accept the award. "This is incredible," so Levine said.
The other winners were Eminem (Favorite Hip Hop Artist), Rihanna (Favorite R&B Artist), Taylor Swift (Favorite Country Artist), and Bruno Mars (Favorite Male Artist). Though the "Just the Way You Are" hitmaker missed the show, he kept his eyes on it. On Twitter, he wrote, "Im currently walking down the street screaming 'I am an ultimate male'!! Thank you at @peopleschoice and to those that voted! #hooligans."
Continuing its tradition to honor the best in music, TV and movie, 2012 PCAs was hosted by "The Big Bang Theory" star Kaley Cuoco. Beside featuring Demi's performance, it also saw Faith Hill making live performance. Spotted coming to the event were the likes of Miley Cyrus, Cory Monteith, Liam Hemsworth, Julianne Hough and Ian Somerhalder.
Full Winner List for 2012 People's Choice Awards in Music:
- Favorite Male Artist: Bruno Mars
- Favorite Female Artist: Katy Perry
- Favorite Song of the Year: "E.T." - Katy Perry Ft. Kanye West
- Favorite Album of the Year: "Born This Way" - Lady GaGa
- Favorite Pop Artist: Demi Lovato
- Favorite Hip Hop Artist: Eminem
- Favorite R&B Artist: Rihanna
- Favorite Band: Maroon 5
- Favorite Country Artist: Taylor Swift
- Favorite Music Video: "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" - Katy Perry
- Favorite Tour Headliner: Katy Perry
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik