Kristen Wiig Could Return to 'Bridesmaids' Sequel
Kristen Wiig may still reprise her role as Annie Walker in a possible "Bridesmaids" sequel. Although earlier report suggested that the lead actress won't return to the follow-up movie, her co-star Wendi McLendon-Covey told E! News there is a possibility that she will take part in the sequel after finishing her other projects.
"She never said that she didn't want to do it," said Wendi. "All she said was that she's not working on it right this minute because someone gave her the opportunity to write and direct her own film so, duh, she's going to do that first. So no. I think all she's waiting for is for her and Annie [Mumulo] to come up with an idea that's equally as good."
Wendi also stated that Kristen might need a few months before she's ready to work on the sequel. "It just won't happen in the next six months," she added. The 42-year-old actress additionally discussed what the sequel might be about. "There's always divorce parties," she said. "There's always baby showers. There's all kinds of hideous things like that that women do."
Rumors that Kristen might not return to the "Bridesmaids" sequel first emerged after she claimed that she and co-writer Annie Mumulo are not working on it at the moment. "We aren't working on that," she told The Hollywood Reporter. "Annie and I aren't planning a sequel. We are writing something else." She's currently adapting Monica Drake's debut novel "Clown Girl", which she hopes to direct.
On the other hand, Universal Pictures has stated that it will make the "Bridesmaids" sequel with or without Kristen. A representative for the studio said, "We are over the moon with the success of 'Bridesmaids', and if we do a sequel we want to get it right. We are talking to filmmakers now about the concepts, and if the right one emerges, we'll move forward."
"Bridesmaids", which was released on May 13, 2011, has grossed a massive $288 million worldwide. The R-rated comedy film was directed by Paul Feig with Judd Apatow serving as the co-producer. The movie was also supported by Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy and Ellie Kemper.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour