'Horrible Bosses' and 'Bridesmaids' Are Moving Ahead With Sequels
Two smash-hit summer comedies, "Horrible Bosses" and "Bridesmaids", are moving forward with their follow-up movies. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the former is expected to bring back its original cast and crew, while the latter might go without its lead actress Kristen Wiig.
"Horrible Bosses 2" has tapped John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein to return as the screenwriters. While Seth Gordon is in talks to come back as the director, Jason Bateman, Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis are expected to reprise their roles as Nick, Dale and Kurt respectively.
As for "Bridesmaids", the well-reviewed movie will seemingly have to move ahead with the sequel without Wiig. "We aren't working on that," Wiig told THR. "[Co-writer] Annie [Mumolo] and I aren't planning a sequel. We are writing something else."
Universal, on the other hand, insists to make the sequel with or without the actress. A representative for the studio said, "We are over the moon with the success of 'Bridesmaids', and if we do a sequel we want to get it right. We are talking to filmmakers now about the concepts, and if the right one emerges, we'll move forward."
Meanwhile, it is unclear if Judd Apatow is interested produce the sequel with a different team. He once said in a statement, "The key is we have to come up with an idea that is as good or better than the first one. We don't want to do it unless it can be great. I don't think anyone has had the brain space to think about it yet."
"Horrible Bosses", which was released on July 8, 2011, has collected a solid $200 million worldwide on a budget of $35 million. As for "Bridesmaids", the film which was released on May 13, 2011 has grossed a massive $288 million worldwide.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'