'Horrible Bosses' and 'Bridesmaids' Are Moving Ahead With Sequels
Two smash-hit summer comedies, "Horrible Bosses" and "Bridesmaids", are moving forward with their follow-up movies. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the former is expected to bring back its original cast and crew, while the latter might go without its lead actress Kristen Wiig.
"Horrible Bosses 2" has tapped John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein to return as the screenwriters. While Seth Gordon is in talks to come back as the director, Jason Bateman, Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis are expected to reprise their roles as Nick, Dale and Kurt respectively.
As for "Bridesmaids", the well-reviewed movie will seemingly have to move ahead with the sequel without Wiig. "We aren't working on that," Wiig told THR. "[Co-writer] Annie [Mumolo] and I aren't planning a sequel. We are writing something else."
Universal, on the other hand, insists to make the sequel with or without the actress. A representative for the studio said, "We are over the moon with the success of 'Bridesmaids', and if we do a sequel we want to get it right. We are talking to filmmakers now about the concepts, and if the right one emerges, we'll move forward."
Meanwhile, it is unclear if Judd Apatow is interested produce the sequel with a different team. He once said in a statement, "The key is we have to come up with an idea that is as good or better than the first one. We don't want to do it unless it can be great. I don't think anyone has had the brain space to think about it yet."
"Horrible Bosses", which was released on July 8, 2011, has collected a solid $200 million worldwide on a budget of $35 million. As for "Bridesmaids", the film which was released on May 13, 2011 has grossed a massive $288 million worldwide.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked