'Big Bang Theory' 100th Episode to Be 'Really Quirky' and Break the Format
"The Big Bang Theory" will mark its milestone with an episode different from previous outings. In the 100th episode which is set to air January 19, 2012, the cast and the crew will do something that's never done before by going back to the pilot.
"We wanted to go back to the relationship which started the series, which was Leonard's attraction to Penny and it was a sweetness to it and it's where we started and it felt like we'd come full circle on the 100th and explore it again," co-creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre said at an event celebrating the 100th episode in Los Angeles.
Lorre admitted that the installment is "a little risky." Meanwhile, another executive producer Steve Molaro explained to The Hollywood Reporter that the episode will "be exploring Leonard and Penny's relationship and where they've been and the possibilities of where they can go in the future."
Mayim Bialik who plays Amy calls the outing a "really quirky episode" that is "breaking the format and breaking a little of our standard format." She reasoned, "It's a little bit different and they're mixing it up a little bit."
Agreeing that the episode is different than any other outings, Kaley Cuoco said, "This 100th episode is a real departure for us creatively." The episode may take fans to think a bit when watching it as the Penny depicter gushed, "It's kind of a brain-teaser a bit; you don't know what's going on until then end. The end comes and then you realize it all makes sense."
Calling it an homage to the pilot, Simon Helberg had other words to describe the said episode. "It is its own thing; it's a simple story that's not quite what it seems with some twists and turns in it," the actor who plays Howard elaborated. "It's like how little we've traveled in five years and how slow the growth is for these guys but still how interesting they are to watch."
To give more hint, the official synopsis to the 100th episode titled "The Recombination Hypothesis" states, "Everything might change when Leonard offers Penny a spur of the moment invitation to a romantic dinner for two."
More The Big Bang Theory News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding