First Look at 'Borgias' Season 2: Alexander Plans Revenge, Faces Murder Plot
The first sneak peek to "The Borgias" season 2 has made its way out via E! Online. Filled with conspiracy, lust and rivalry, the footage sees Alexander gathering his family to help him take a revenge on the great noble houses that dared to stand against him.
Meanwhile, King Charles and his French army who are marching to Rome are eager for vengeance after realizing Alexander tricked him. Also putting his life in danger, the Pope's old enemy Della Rovere conspires to assassinate him.
Alexander gets more troubles since his children are defying his authority. Lucrezia tries to unite Vanozza and Giulia to battle Vatican corruption. Cesare and Juan's rivalry turns to hatred with Alexander showing his favoritism towards Juan, triggering Cesare to unleash his dark side.
Elsewhere in Florence, the puritanical Friar Savonarola's power grows while the Borgia fortunes are jeopardized. When lightning strikes St. Peter's Basilica and Alexander is almost killed by the falling rubble, he is worried that God has turned His back on him.
"The Borgias" is expected to return sometime in spring 2012, but Showtime has not announced the exact date.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army