First Look at 'Borgias' Season 2: Alexander Plans Revenge, Faces Murder Plot
The first sneak peek to "The Borgias" season 2 has made its way out via E! Online. Filled with conspiracy, lust and rivalry, the footage sees Alexander gathering his family to help him take a revenge on the great noble houses that dared to stand against him.
Meanwhile, King Charles and his French army who are marching to Rome are eager for vengeance after realizing Alexander tricked him. Also putting his life in danger, the Pope's old enemy Della Rovere conspires to assassinate him.
Alexander gets more troubles since his children are defying his authority. Lucrezia tries to unite Vanozza and Giulia to battle Vatican corruption. Cesare and Juan's rivalry turns to hatred with Alexander showing his favoritism towards Juan, triggering Cesare to unleash his dark side.
Elsewhere in Florence, the puritanical Friar Savonarola's power grows while the Borgia fortunes are jeopardized. When lightning strikes St. Peter's Basilica and Alexander is almost killed by the falling rubble, he is worried that God has turned His back on him.
"The Borgias" is expected to return sometime in spring 2012, but Showtime has not announced the exact date.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group