Eva Green to Tackle Female Lead Artemisia in '300' Prequel
Though it hasn't tapped an actor to play its lead hero, "300: Battle of Artemisia" is close to find its female lead. According to The Hollywood Reporter, actress Eva Green is in negotiations with Warner Bros. Pictures to star as Artemisia in the "300" prequel.
The Paris-born actress, who played Bond girl in "Casino Royale", is set to portray the female lead described as a "ruthless, gold-covered goddess who persuades Xerxes to amass his army and helps lead them into battle."
Noam Murro has been tapped to direct "300: Battle of Artemisia", which is expected to kick off the production in the first quarter of 2012. "Man of Steel" helmer, Zack Snyder, will co-produce and co-write the script for the upcoming film.
A follow-up to 2006's "300" starring Gerard Butler, the prequel follows Persian king-turned-god Xerxes who leads an army against Greek forces. Though having a little training, the Greek army are led by a great general named Themistocles. Previously, Joel Edgerton was eyed to play Themistocles, but he subsequently turned down the offer.
As for Eva Green, the 31-year-old actress is currently busy filming Tim Burton's big-screen take on "Dark Shadows". In the movie, which is set to be released in the U.S. on May 11, 2012, she is set to star opposite the likes of Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and Michelle Pfeiffer.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!