Eva Green to Tackle Female Lead Artemisia in '300' Prequel
Though it hasn't tapped an actor to play its lead hero, "300: Battle of Artemisia" is close to find its female lead. According to The Hollywood Reporter, actress Eva Green is in negotiations with Warner Bros. Pictures to star as Artemisia in the "300" prequel.
The Paris-born actress, who played Bond girl in "Casino Royale", is set to portray the female lead described as a "ruthless, gold-covered goddess who persuades Xerxes to amass his army and helps lead them into battle."
Noam Murro has been tapped to direct "300: Battle of Artemisia", which is expected to kick off the production in the first quarter of 2012. "Man of Steel" helmer, Zack Snyder, will co-produce and co-write the script for the upcoming film.
A follow-up to 2006's "300" starring Gerard Butler, the prequel follows Persian king-turned-god Xerxes who leads an army against Greek forces. Though having a little training, the Greek army are led by a great general named Themistocles. Previously, Joel Edgerton was eyed to play Themistocles, but he subsequently turned down the offer.
As for Eva Green, the 31-year-old actress is currently busy filming Tim Burton's big-screen take on "Dark Shadows". In the movie, which is set to be released in the U.S. on May 11, 2012, she is set to star opposite the likes of Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and Michelle Pfeiffer.
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer