Joel Edgerton Offered Lead Roles in '300' Prequel and 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
Joel Edgerton has been offered two lead roles in Warner Bros. Pictures' potential high-profile film projects. The actor, who plays opposite Mary Elizabeth Winstead in thriller film "The Thing", has been eyed to take on the main character in both "300: Battle of Artemisia" as well as "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.".
New York Magazine's Vulture has reported that Edgerton is in talks to star as Themistocles in the "300" prequel. The character is described as a fabled archon and general who led the Greeks to victory against the invading Persians in 480 BC. The project will be directed by Noam Murro and written by "Man of Steel" helmer Zack Snyder.
In Steven Soderbergh's "Man From U.N.C.L.E", the Brendan Conlon of "Warrior" is offered to tackle the part of Ilya. The role was originally played by David McCallum. It is said that Edgerton's decision will affect whether or not Bradley Cooper signs on to play Napoleon Solo because he reportedly will join the movie only if Edgerton is in it.
Edgerton is currently filming another high-profile film project "The Great Gatsby" in his hometown in Sydney, Australia. He joins the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher in the big-budgeted novel adaptation, which is directed by Baz Luhrmann.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer