First Photo of Daniel Day-Lewis in Full Abraham Lincoln Costume on 'Lincoln' Set
After being snapped looking all trimmed up as Abraham Lincoln while having lunch at a restaurant in late November, Daniel Day-Lewis has recently been caught on camera donning a full attire of the 16th American President on the set of "Lincoln". Richmond Times-Dispatch has obtained the on-set photo that sees the actor rocking a three-piece suit complete with Abe's trademark stove-pipe hat.
In the image, the 54-year-old Oscar winner is seen walking side-by-side with filmmaker Steven Spielberg at the Grace Street near the Virginia Capitol on Monday, December 12. Donning a long coat paired with a scarf, a cap and sunglasses, Spielberg is seen talking to the actor while holding a beverage in his hand.
Currently in the production stage, "Lincoln" will focus on the political collision of Abraham Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. In addition to serving behind the lens, Spielberg serves as the producer along with Kathleen Kennedy. Meanwhile, Pulitzer winner Tony Kushner provides the script.
Based on the book "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin, the biopic will be released in the U.S. theaters in the late 2012 after the elections. Joining Day-Lewis in the cast ensemble are Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, John Hawkes, Jackie Earle Haley and James Spader.
More Lincoln News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?