First Look at Daniel Day-Lewis as America's 16th President in 'Lincoln'
How Daniel Day-Lewis will look like as Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's high-profile biopic, "Lincoln", has been
teased in a photo. The actor was caught on camera on Wednesday afternoon, November 30 with beard and hairstyle resembling the late U.S. president as he took a break at a restaurant in Virginia, where the movie is currently filming.
According to Richmond.com, the 54-year-old Oscar winner was at that time spotted at new Arcadia restaurant in Shockoe Bottom, Richmond. He, however, was not seen donning the period costume he needed to portray the 16th president. In exchange, he sported casual outfit that includes long-sleeved black shirt and denims.
Currently still in the production stage, "Lincoln" will focus on the political collision of Abraham Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. In addition to directing, Spielberg serves as its producer along with Kathleen Kennedy. Meanwhile, Pulitzer winner Tony Kushner provides the script.
Joining Day-Lewis in the cast ensemble are the likes of Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, John Hawkes, Jackie Earle Haley and James Spader. The movie itself is expected to open wide in U.S. theaters in the late 2012 after the elections.
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video