First Look at Daniel Day-Lewis as America's 16th President in 'Lincoln'
How Daniel Day-Lewis will look like as Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's high-profile biopic, "Lincoln", has been
teased in a photo. The actor was caught on camera on Wednesday afternoon, November 30 with beard and hairstyle resembling the late U.S. president as he took a break at a restaurant in Virginia, where the movie is currently filming.
According to Richmond.com, the 54-year-old Oscar winner was at that time spotted at new Arcadia restaurant in Shockoe Bottom, Richmond. He, however, was not seen donning the period costume he needed to portray the 16th president. In exchange, he sported casual outfit that includes long-sleeved black shirt and denims.
Currently still in the production stage, "Lincoln" will focus on the political collision of Abraham Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. In addition to directing, Spielberg serves as its producer along with Kathleen Kennedy. Meanwhile, Pulitzer winner Tony Kushner provides the script.
Joining Day-Lewis in the cast ensemble are the likes of Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, John Hawkes, Jackie Earle Haley and James Spader. The movie itself is expected to open wide in U.S. theaters in the late 2012 after the elections.
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List