Pics: Avril Lavigne, David Guetta and Demi Lovato Rock Y100's Jingle Ball 2011
While New York hosted Z100's Jingle Ball at its famed venue, Madison Square Garden on December 9, Florida was made merry with a similar holiday gig by Y100 on the next day. Avril Lavigne was one of the performers, and David Guetta as well as Demi Lovato, fresh off their headlining bill at the Big Apple concert, flew to the state to help spread the Christmas cheers.
Rocker chick Avril rocked a black cropped top, a pair of skinny leather pants as well as black-and-red heeled boots. Performing songs including the ones from her latest studio installment "Goodbye Lullaby", the girlfriend of Brody Jenner showed off acrobatic stage act at one point during the December 10 concert.
French disc jokey David kept the party going from behind his turntable by spinning a bunch of electro/dance beats. Lovato, meanwhile, alternated her set between pumping up the crowd with uplifting songs and slowed it down with the ballad melody of "Skyscraper". During one of her high-energy sets, she's accompanied by astronaut-helmed dancers.
Off stage, Lovato talked about her duet with Kelly Clarkson at the Z100 concert. To JustJared, she gushed, "She actually was backstage and she was like 'we should sing a duet together' and I was like 'of course, anything you want.' And then we basically came up with the idea to sing a Christmas carol together and it came in place yesterday. It was amazing, I was so excited."
The star-studded annual event took place at the Bank Atlantic Center in Sunrise. The other musical guests at the Saturday night festive event included Flo Rida, Cobra Starship, Gym Class Heroes, Neon Hitch and Karmin.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences