Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj Grace Red Carpet at Billboard's Women in Music Awards
Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj celebrated 2011 Billboard Women in Music honors on Friday, December 2. Both of the 21-year-old country music cutie and the 28-year-old female rapper looked equally dazzling when posing for the photographers and walking down the red carpet of the sixth annual event at Capitale.
Showing off a new haircut with bangs, Swift was stunning in a red v-neck Oscar de la Renta dress, nude Prada pumps and Lorraine Schwartz jewels. Minaj, meanwhile, looked flirty in a figure hugging black and white embellished floor length Versace gown. She rocked her signature pink lips and a long blonde wavy wig with blunt bangs.
"I got a haircut and I love it," Swift gushed. "It was on a photo shoot I was doing and they were like, 'We were thinking about doing maybe some bangs,' and I said, 'Just cut it,' you know, 'cause I've been wanting to do it for a while and the change is really nice." Minaj, meanwhile, joked, "This is my Taylor Swift look."
Swift received Woman of the Year prize. "I would go through every single page and every single chart and just daydream about what it would be like to see my name in there someday," she said during the acceptance speech. "And today I walked in to flashing camera bulbs and all these important people in music, and I thought, 'I guess that's what it looks like'."
As for Minaj, the femcee was recognized as 2011 Rising Star. "To everyone out there, I am so proud of you for showing me this can be done. You can be your own boss, and make your own music, and project an image you believe in and keep good morals and all that good stuff," she said while holding back her tears.
In an interview post the main event, Swift told Katie Couric, "I've never [felt] entitled to play another sold-out show or win another award. So just the fact that this keeps happening, I'm thankful for that." Minaj also shared the same sentiment, telling Robin Roberts, "I've had a lot of doors closed in my face. I'm no different than any struggling artist that just tried one last time."
Talking about each other, both Swift and Minaj had nothing but praise. The former gushed about the latter, "She's one of my favorite artists to come along in the past couple of years, and Super Bass is my favorite song of the year."
Referring how the country music singer helped her make "Super Bass" a big success, the MC said, "I just saw her last week, and I told her, 'This is not something I'm saying to the cameras. This is something you had a hand in.' This just shows the power of her words."
More Taylor Swift News
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Linkin Park Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington by Launching Suicide-Prevention Site
- Comic-Con: 'Stranger Things' First Season 2 Trailer Features Creepy Visions and Eleven's Return
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online