Ashanti NOT Replacing Fergie in Black Eyed Peas
Recent rumors suggesting that Ashanti was going to replace Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) in the Black Eyed Peas turned out to be a BS. A representative for the R&B group set the record straight by telling EW that the reports were "categorically untrue."
The rumor was brought to attention by MediaTakeOut. "The group had been looking for a replacement for some time," a so-called top music industry exec informed the publication. "Ashanti was reportedly brought onto the group's World Tour -- as sort of an audition, to see if she could work with the band - and it worked out perfectly."
Regardless the denial, Fergie does take a timeout from the group and she's looking forward to focusing more on her marriage life. "I'm excited for that," she gushed. "I have my footwear collection and my fragrance, my husband, football and many other things in my head." When asked about baby, she said, "Possibly!"
The wife of actor Josh Duhamel gets full support from fellow bandmate Taboo. In a separate interview, he stated, "We have to respect Ferg. Ferg is our sister. She definitely wants to have a family, and we're happy for her." He added, "You can't not respect people's wishes. As our sister, we have to give her space."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'