Ashanti NOT Replacing Fergie in Black Eyed Peas
Recent rumors suggesting that Ashanti was going to replace Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) in the Black Eyed Peas turned out to be a BS. A representative for the R&B group set the record straight by telling EW that the reports were "categorically untrue."
The rumor was brought to attention by MediaTakeOut. "The group had been looking for a replacement for some time," a so-called top music industry exec informed the publication. "Ashanti was reportedly brought onto the group's World Tour -- as sort of an audition, to see if she could work with the band - and it worked out perfectly."
Regardless the denial, Fergie does take a timeout from the group and she's looking forward to focusing more on her marriage life. "I'm excited for that," she gushed. "I have my footwear collection and my fragrance, my husband, football and many other things in my head." When asked about baby, she said, "Possibly!"
The wife of actor Josh Duhamel gets full support from fellow bandmate Taboo. In a separate interview, he stated, "We have to respect Ferg. Ferg is our sister. She definitely wants to have a family, and we're happy for her." He added, "You can't not respect people's wishes. As our sister, we have to give her space."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'