Ashanti NOT Replacing Fergie in Black Eyed Peas
Recent rumors suggesting that Ashanti was going to replace Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) in the Black Eyed Peas turned out to be a BS. A representative for the R&B group set the record straight by telling EW that the reports were "categorically untrue."
The rumor was brought to attention by MediaTakeOut. "The group had been looking for a replacement for some time," a so-called top music industry exec informed the publication. "Ashanti was reportedly brought onto the group's World Tour -- as sort of an audition, to see if she could work with the band - and it worked out perfectly."
Regardless the denial, Fergie does take a timeout from the group and she's looking forward to focusing more on her marriage life. "I'm excited for that," she gushed. "I have my footwear collection and my fragrance, my husband, football and many other things in my head." When asked about baby, she said, "Possibly!"
The wife of actor Josh Duhamel gets full support from fellow bandmate Taboo. In a separate interview, he stated, "We have to respect Ferg. Ferg is our sister. She definitely wants to have a family, and we're happy for her." He added, "You can't not respect people's wishes. As our sister, we have to give her space."
More Black Eyed Peas News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked