MTV EMAs 2011: Selena Gomez Gorgeous in White, Katy Perry Playful in Pink
The music industry's biggest names and other celebrities alike have brought out their finest and unique looks to the 2011 MTV European Music Awards. Among those turning heads on the pink carpet at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland on Sunday, October 6 evening were Selena Gomez, Katy Perry and Hayden Panettiere.
Wowing many on the pink carpet, 19-year-old Selena showed off a sexy and grown-up style. The "Monte Carlo" beauty, who served as host for the special music event, rocked a backless fleur-de-lis embossed tulle dress by Marchesa. Of the short white dress, she gushed, "I feel like a swan."
Speaking about her role as the show's host, the girlfriend of Justin Bieber opened up to Just Jared Jr., "I'm a little nervous, because it is a big deal but I did the MuchMusic Awards and had a great time with that." She went on, "This one will be a little more creatively fun because it's a bit more comedy and acting. It's going to be great."
27-year-old Katy, in the meantime, matched her hair and outfit to the pink carpet. The "Firework" singer, who was nominated for five awards at this year's EMAs, sported bubblegum curls and wore a short skirt outfit with a light pink theme under a baby pink jacket. She completed her look with a pair of pink vintage shoes.
Another star rocking the pink carpet was former "Heroes" star Hayden Panettiere. The 22-year-old actress, who was later left shocked by a streaker when taking her duty in presenting the Best Song category, looked stunning in a graphic print monochrome mini dress by English label Tibi.
Other stars stealing the spotlight on the pink carpet were Bruno Mars and Jessie J. Bruno looked hot in a pink suit, while Jessie rocked a fierce look in a leopard print floor-length dress. Teen heartthrob Justin kept it casual with jeans and a sweater, and models Bar Refaeli and Irina Shayk worked custom-designed denim numbers.
Coldplay, 30 Seconds to Mars, Adam Lambert and "Jersey Shore" stars Snooki and JWoww were also among the stars making an appearance on the pink carpet.
More Selena Gomez News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences