Eva Longoria Shoots Down Matt Barnes Dating Rumors
Eva Longoria is not happy being romantically linked to Los Angeles Lakers forward Matt Barnes. The 36-year-old actress has slammed the recent dating speculations by writing on her Who Say account, "First Jessica Simpson, now this. Once again, press gets it wrong, Matt Barnes and I are not dating!"
"We are doing a charity event together for Padres and Athletes vs. Cancer," so the Gabrielle Solis of "Desperate Housewives" insisted. She went on to question, "Why is the truth never the headline? Why did I bother to comment when they put your statement at end of articles? #stillannoying."
Eva, who divorced San Antonio Spurs star Tony Parker in 2010, was rumored to be dating Matt after New York Post's Page Six came out with a report on Sunday, October 30 that the Texas-born actress "may have her eye on a new baller". It was said that the two were "very flirty" while dining with friends at Il Mulino, Greenwich Village on Thursday night, October 27.
Speaking of the rumored pair, an onlooker claimed, "There was definitely a spark between Eva and Matt." The source added, "They weren't seated next to each other, but you could tell there was something between them. There was a little hand-holding over the table and a lot of eye contact."
A representative for Eva, however, stated that there was no truth in the rumors. "Eva and Matt are friends and are working together doing charity work for Eva's Padres Contra El Cancer," her rep insisted. "She was at the dinner amongst her other friends."
Eva is still dating Penelope Cruz's little brother, Eduardo Cruz. The couple first went public in February when they were spotted spending romantic weekend aboard a luxurious yacht in Miami Beach. A month later, the two were caught on tape sharing passionate kisses during a lunch date at Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles.
More Eva Longoria News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'