Big Sean Accepts Plea Deal, Sexual Assault Charges Dropped
Big Sean doesn't have to worry about being charged with third-degree sex abuse and forcible touching anymore. The 23-year-old rapper has those charges against him dropped after he accepted a plea deal for a misdemeanor count of unlawful imprisonment on Wednesday, October 26. He was only required to pay a $750 fine.
Spreading words that the MC, whose real name is Sean Anderson, is in the clear was his lawyer Scott Leemon. To XXLMag.com, he stated, "I am pleased to announce that after further investigation the Niagra County District Attorney's Office decided not to pursue any of the sexual misconduct allegations against Mr. Anderson."
"As a result in order to get this entire ordeal behind him Mr. Anderson agreed to plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of unlawful imprisonment with a $750 fine," Scott said, before adding, "Mr. Anderson regrets any misunderstandings that occurred that day and reiterates he did not engage in any type of sexual misconduct."
Sean was arrested during a concert in Buffalo, New York on August 4 after a 17-year-old girl claimed to be sexually assaulted by the rapper and his friend Willie Hansbro. Both were charged with misdemeanor counts of forcible touching, unlawful imprisonment in the second degree and sex abuse in the third degree. Willie also accepted the same plea deal as Sean.
More Big Sean News
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does