First Look at Russell Crowe as Jor-El on 'Man of Steel'
How Russell Crowe will look as Superman's Kryptonian father in "Man of Steel" has been unveiled in a newly-released on-set picture. The New Zealand-born actor was seen filming a scene on the Vancouver set of the reboot film on Sunday, October 2.
Crowe was snapped donning a full attire of his character Jor-El. The costume has an "S" symbol on the front and is completed with a long red cape. At one point of the day, the "American Gangster" actor was spotted taking a time to light a cigarette.
Last June, it was reported that Crowe has signed on to play Jor-El in the Zack Snyder-directed superhero film. Words are, the actor has been working hard to get in shape for the role, especially because he will play alongside well-built actor, Henry Cavill.
Crowe is expected to star opposite "Angels & Demons" actress Ayelet Zurer who will portray his wife Lara Lor-Van. Zurer was recently attached to the project to replace Julia Ormond.
Scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters on June 14, 2013, "Man of Steel" is the latest Superman reboot, which is produced by "The Dark Knight Rises" director Christopher Nolan. Cavill is set to play the titular character, while Amy Adams is cast as his leading lady Lois Lane. Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Michael Shannon and Antje Traue are also supporting the movie.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young