'Angels and Demons' Star Replaces Julia Ormond as Superman's Mother in 'Man of Steel'
Superman will have Ayelet Zurer as his new Kryptonian mother in "Man of Steel". Deadline reported that the Israeli actress has been hired to play Lara Lor-Van in the upcoming movie, replacing Julia Ormond who was originally cast for the part.
The "Angels & Demons" actress is set to begin filming with director Zack Snyder within this week as the production is already underway. She will play opposite Russell Crowe who stars as Superman's biological father Jor-El.
She will also join other actors including Henry Cavill as the main protagonist, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent respectively, Antje Traue as Faora, and Michael Shannon as General Zod. Meanwhile, the movie itself is set to be released in the U.S. on June 14, 2013.
Aside from the Superman reboot, Zurer will be seen in Lawrence Kasdan's drama "Darling Companion". In the movie, she is set to play alongside Kevin Kline, Diane Keaton and Richard Jenkins.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart