'Angels and Demons' Star Replaces Julia Ormond as Superman's Mother in 'Man of Steel'
Superman will have Ayelet Zurer as his new Kryptonian mother in "Man of Steel". Deadline reported that the Israeli actress has been hired to play Lara Lor-Van in the upcoming movie, replacing Julia Ormond who was originally cast for the part.
The "Angels & Demons" actress is set to begin filming with director Zack Snyder within this week as the production is already underway. She will play opposite Russell Crowe who stars as Superman's biological father Jor-El.
She will also join other actors including Henry Cavill as the main protagonist, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent respectively, Antje Traue as Faora, and Michael Shannon as General Zod. Meanwhile, the movie itself is set to be released in the U.S. on June 14, 2013.
Aside from the Superman reboot, Zurer will be seen in Lawrence Kasdan's drama "Darling Companion". In the movie, she is set to play alongside Kevin Kline, Diane Keaton and Richard Jenkins.
More Man of Steel News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group