'Angels and Demons' Star Replaces Julia Ormond as Superman's Mother in 'Man of Steel'
Superman will have Ayelet Zurer as his new Kryptonian mother in "Man of Steel". Deadline reported that the Israeli actress has been hired to play Lara Lor-Van in the upcoming movie, replacing Julia Ormond who was originally cast for the part.
The "Angels & Demons" actress is set to begin filming with director Zack Snyder within this week as the production is already underway. She will play opposite Russell Crowe who stars as Superman's biological father Jor-El.
She will also join other actors including Henry Cavill as the main protagonist, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent respectively, Antje Traue as Faora, and Michael Shannon as General Zod. Meanwhile, the movie itself is set to be released in the U.S. on June 14, 2013.
Aside from the Superman reboot, Zurer will be seen in Lawrence Kasdan's drama "Darling Companion". In the movie, she is set to play alongside Kevin Kline, Diane Keaton and Richard Jenkins.
More Man of Steel News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation