'Angels and Demons' Star Replaces Julia Ormond as Superman's Mother in 'Man of Steel'
Superman will have Ayelet Zurer as his new Kryptonian mother in "Man of Steel". Deadline reported that the Israeli actress has been hired to play Lara Lor-Van in the upcoming movie, replacing Julia Ormond who was originally cast for the part.
The "Angels & Demons" actress is set to begin filming with director Zack Snyder within this week as the production is already underway. She will play opposite Russell Crowe who stars as Superman's biological father Jor-El.
She will also join other actors including Henry Cavill as the main protagonist, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent respectively, Antje Traue as Faora, and Michael Shannon as General Zod. Meanwhile, the movie itself is set to be released in the U.S. on June 14, 2013.
Aside from the Superman reboot, Zurer will be seen in Lawrence Kasdan's drama "Darling Companion". In the movie, she is set to play alongside Kevin Kline, Diane Keaton and Richard Jenkins.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!