'Angels and Demons' Star Replaces Julia Ormond as Superman's Mother in 'Man of Steel'
Superman will have Ayelet Zurer as his new Kryptonian mother in "Man of Steel". Deadline reported that the Israeli actress has been hired to play Lara Lor-Van in the upcoming movie, replacing Julia Ormond who was originally cast for the part.
The "Angels & Demons" actress is set to begin filming with director Zack Snyder within this week as the production is already underway. She will play opposite Russell Crowe who stars as Superman's biological father Jor-El.
She will also join other actors including Henry Cavill as the main protagonist, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent respectively, Antje Traue as Faora, and Michael Shannon as General Zod. Meanwhile, the movie itself is set to be released in the U.S. on June 14, 2013.
Aside from the Superman reboot, Zurer will be seen in Lawrence Kasdan's drama "Darling Companion". In the movie, she is set to play alongside Kevin Kline, Diane Keaton and Richard Jenkins.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'