Johnny Depp Shows His Bloody Hand in New 'Dark Shadows' Set Photo
A new set photo from Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows" has been unveiled via Empire. In the image, Johnny Depp is seen showing off his blood covered hand while Burton stands in front of him. The actor is seen rocking his pale vampire make-up, as seen in the previous on-set picture.
There is also another new image that sees Michelle Pfeiffer as Elizabeth Stoddard and Jonny Lee Miller as Roger Collins sitting at what looks like a dinner table. Burton, meanwhile, is seen directing them from the middle.
"Dark Shadows" is set in 1972 and centers on the life of Depp's Barnabas Collins and his run-ins with various monsters, witches, werewolves and ghosts. Collins was transformed into a vampire by his lover Angelique, played by Eva Green, way back in the 1700s.
Of why Tim and Depp chose the film to be set in 1972, screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith explained, "Tim and Johnny took a long time explaining exactly why it had to be 1972." He added, "1969 was too early and 1973 was too late."
"1972 is right at the time when the hippie movement and all its peace," Grahame-Smith went on adding. "And love is dying out and being replaced by this me-me-me generation in the '70s who are all about showing their wealth and having everything."
The movie, which marks Tim and Depp's eighth collaboration, will be firmly formed in 2D. Producer Richard Zanuck said, "We discussed this quite a bit. We didin't want to be categorized as another 3D extravaganza, because this isn't. We have action sequences, but mostly it's interaction between characters, and that's where the humor and the story come from."
Currently still in production in England, "Dark Shadows" is scheduled to be released on May 11, 2012 in U.S. theaters. The movie also stars Helena Bonham Carter, Chloe Moretz, Jackie Earle Haley, Bella Heathcote, Thomas McDonell as well as Gulliver McGrath.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed