FBI Confirms Investigation on Scarlett Johansson's Nude Photo Hack
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has begun looking into the hacking incident involving Scarlett Johansson. Shortly after the actress was reported contacting the agency to report about the release of her nude photo on the web, an FBI official confirmed they are hot on a trail of a hacker group targeting Hollywood celebrities.
The bureau's spokeswoman Ari Dekofsky said, "The FBI in Los Angeles is investigating the person or group responsible for a series of computer intrusions involving high-profile figures." Refusing to share further details, she noted, "Due to it being an ongoing investigation, we are not at liberty to confirm specific victims or a number of victims."
On Wednesday, September 14, two photos capturing naked Scarlett Johansson were leaked out. One of the pictures displays the "Iron Man 2" beauty draped in nothing but a towel while taking a snap of her exposed backside reflected in a mirror. Another one exposes her in topless state.
This is not the first time the FBI is probing into a celebrity hacking situation. Back in March, it was reported that the agency was investigating similar incidents in which hackers managed to get private information belonging to about 50 female celebrities, including Scarlett, Jessica Alba, Vanessa Hudgens and Demi Lovato, from their computers and mobile devices.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!