FBI Confirms Investigation on Scarlett Johansson's Nude Photo Hack
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has begun looking into the hacking incident involving Scarlett Johansson. Shortly after the actress was reported contacting the agency to report about the release of her nude photo on the web, an FBI official confirmed they are hot on a trail of a hacker group targeting Hollywood celebrities.
The bureau's spokeswoman Ari Dekofsky said, "The FBI in Los Angeles is investigating the person or group responsible for a series of computer intrusions involving high-profile figures." Refusing to share further details, she noted, "Due to it being an ongoing investigation, we are not at liberty to confirm specific victims or a number of victims."
On Wednesday, September 14, two photos capturing naked Scarlett Johansson were leaked out. One of the pictures displays the "Iron Man 2" beauty draped in nothing but a towel while taking a snap of her exposed backside reflected in a mirror. Another one exposes her in topless state.
This is not the first time the FBI is probing into a celebrity hacking situation. Back in March, it was reported that the agency was investigating similar incidents in which hackers managed to get private information belonging to about 50 female celebrities, including Scarlett, Jessica Alba, Vanessa Hudgens and Demi Lovato, from their computers and mobile devices.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner