Jamie Foxx Added to MJ Tribute Concert, Beyonce's Withdrawal Rumor Denied
Jamie Foxx is the newest addition to the upcoming Michael Jackson tribute concert. The R&B singer/actor will perform live in honor of the late King of Pop at the gig which will take place at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on October 8. He is also confirmed to host the event.
"I am truly honored to be working with Global Live Events and the Jackson family members in participating in this epic event," he told Us Weekly. "Michael was larger than life and I have admired him, honored him, joked about him but always loved and respected him... I hope I honor his legacy in a way that would make him laugh and cry."
In another news related to MJ tribute gig, there was rumor that Beyonce Knowles pulled out of the show. The report was quickly denied as soon as it surfaced. A source close to the concert told TMZ that the pregnant singer is still fully committed to the project. She will record a "unique, never before seen performance" that will be played at the tribute.
The other musical guests are Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Craig David, JLS, Alien Ant Farm and T3. KISS were intially set to perform as well, but they were axed from the list due to fans' complaints over Gene Simmons' degrading statement toward MJ.
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Britney Spears Freaks Out After Sex Tape Leaks Online