Jamie Foxx Added to MJ Tribute Concert, Beyonce's Withdrawal Rumor Denied
Jamie Foxx is the newest addition to the upcoming Michael Jackson tribute concert. The R&B singer/actor will perform live in honor of the late King of Pop at the gig which will take place at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on October 8. He is also confirmed to host the event.
"I am truly honored to be working with Global Live Events and the Jackson family members in participating in this epic event," he told Us Weekly. "Michael was larger than life and I have admired him, honored him, joked about him but always loved and respected him... I hope I honor his legacy in a way that would make him laugh and cry."
In another news related to MJ tribute gig, there was rumor that Beyonce Knowles pulled out of the show. The report was quickly denied as soon as it surfaced. A source close to the concert told TMZ that the pregnant singer is still fully committed to the project. She will record a "unique, never before seen performance" that will be played at the tribute.
The other musical guests are Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Craig David, JLS, Alien Ant Farm and T3. KISS were intially set to perform as well, but they were axed from the list due to fans' complaints over Gene Simmons' degrading statement toward MJ.
More Michael Jackson News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked