Jamie Foxx Added to MJ Tribute Concert, Beyonce's Withdrawal Rumor Denied
Jamie Foxx is the newest addition to the upcoming Michael Jackson tribute concert. The R&B singer/actor will perform live in honor of the late King of Pop at the gig which will take place at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on October 8. He is also confirmed to host the event.
"I am truly honored to be working with Global Live Events and the Jackson family members in participating in this epic event," he told Us Weekly. "Michael was larger than life and I have admired him, honored him, joked about him but always loved and respected him... I hope I honor his legacy in a way that would make him laugh and cry."
In another news related to MJ tribute gig, there was rumor that Beyonce Knowles pulled out of the show. The report was quickly denied as soon as it surfaced. A source close to the concert told TMZ that the pregnant singer is still fully committed to the project. She will record a "unique, never before seen performance" that will be played at the tribute.
The other musical guests are Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Craig David, JLS, Alien Ant Farm and T3. KISS were intially set to perform as well, but they were axed from the list due to fans' complaints over Gene Simmons' degrading statement toward MJ.
More Michael Jackson News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival