Beyonce Booked for MJ Tribute Concert Amidst Fans' Call for Cancellation
Beyonce Knowles is the latest singer who has been tapped to participate at the upcoming Michael Jackson tribute concert. She is going to perform one of her favorite Jackson Five songs and deliver it in "a unique, never-before-seen performance."
"[The performance] will be shown at the concert on October 8th!" the organizer announced. "A lifelong Michael fan, Beyonce really wanted to be involved in this tribute concert. Due to scheduling issues she can't be there in person, but this performance is not to be missed!"
Details about Beyonce's performance haven't been shared, but there is rumor that footage from her concert series at Roseland Ballroom will be used for the upcoming gig. Last week, she indeed performed Jackson Five's "I Wanna Be Where You Are" for the "Intimate" show.
The Beyonce announcement came hot on heels of fans' open letter which urges the organizer to cancel the MJ gig. "Please understand that this concert is doomed to fail now," the devotees sounded off their concern. "Do the right thing for Michael Jackson and cancel this tribute."
"From the timing of this tribute, in the middle of Dr. Murray's trial, to the ticketing prices, to the obscurity over what charities will be receiving the donation, to the no-guarantee policy of performers, the addition of Gene Simmons and dishonoring, thus tarnishing Michael Jackson's legacy was simply the last straw."
Just last week, KISS were removed from performer line-up. They scrapped the band due to fans' complaint which called the participation of the band was an insult to the King of Pop due to Gene's statement back in 2010 which degraded the late singer. Along with the axe, the organizers quickly apologized for the error.
Dubbed "Michael Forever Tribute Concert", the concert will feature Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Craig David, JLS and T3. The gig will take place at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on October 8.
Since being announced by MJ's mother Katherine and siblings Tito, Marlon, Jackie and La Toya Jackson last month, the concert has already drawn controversy. Randy and Jermaine Jackson disapproved it due to the timing which is around the same time the proceedings for trial surrounding MJ's death will take place.
More Michael Jackson News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri